Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alexcolka

Pitch wheel in A/P controller won't work for me

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm really anchored with this fine piece of work, the plane I like the most in X-Plane. However I'm having issues with

pitch wheel in A/P controller, it doesn't work for me, I can't change my vertical speed with the A/P engaged, when

I try to manipulate the wheel, it seems to be locked, it doesn't roll up or down, I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Any help will be appreciated. I have X-Plane 9.41 and Marquise v1.1.1 in Vista 64.

Thank you very much,

Alex Colka

Alex,

To use the pitch wheel, make sure both the vertical speed and altitude modes are disengaged  because only one mode at a time can be activated.  Hit the "ALTSEL" mode and then you should be able to use the pitch wheel to adjust pitch attitude.  If you want to hold a constant VS, then use the pitch wheel (in ALTSEL mode) to maintain the VS you want and then hit the VS button and the AP locks onto the current VS.  If you want to re-adjust your VS, then hit the "ALTSEL" mode to disengage VS mode...then you can use the pitch wheel again to readjust your VS..then re-engage your VS, etc.  The key here is to be in ALTSEL mode.

Hi,

Yes, that is! that's the sequence I was misunderstanding, many thanks for your help, keep the good work up and coming!

Alex Colka

Is there a button or joystick combination to use the pitchwheel or one must rely on the cockpit graphics and move the wheel using the mouse. I hope there are buttons to be used (the same as for the trim buttons) as it is highly inconvenient looking down, finding it with the mouse, setting it etc. versus keys that could be assigned to a joystick button.

Thanks,

Alex

There is currently no button to map to that Alex.  Part of the "rework" though is to redo the plugin in such a way as to easily add commands for various functions..so the 1.5 update will have more numerous commands to map to hardware buttons / keystrokes.

There is currently no button to map to that Alex.  Part of the "rework" though is to redo the plugin in such a way as to easily add commands for various functions..so the 1.5 update will have more numerous commands to map to hardware buttons / keystrokes.

There is something new found every day.

Tom it is actually possible to map the pitch wheel to any buttons on your hardware and it works wonders for the precision of autopilot managment. I am at work right now and I am gonna make this more precise in the evening however yout gotta map the buttons in advanced joystick setup. In the autopilot section there is something called pitch attitude mode down and  up. Might have a different name but something similar - found in the second column of the autopilot section.

This is day and night now to manage the autopilot vertical modes.

Just hit ALTSEL anytime and use the pitchwheel up or down while watching the VS and once the needle hits the desired VS just hit VS on the autopilot. During takeoff you take off with the flight director with ALTSEL illuminated and once established on the climb engage the autopilot, use the pitchwheel immediately to adjust the climbrate and then hit VS on the autopilot.

Will modify this post later on to inser the correct joystick map that needs to be used.

Alex