[SOLVED] Engines shuts down after some minutes

birdy.dma

T/O fields and others stay at 0.00, but i can fly, setting the TGT or not.

Hi birdy.dma, Hope you don't mind me "butting in on this thread", but getting 0.00's in the THRUST LIMIT page is usually caused because you have forgot to enter the mimimum amount of data for the FMS to calculate THRUST LIMIT's i.e. ICAO code for ORIGIN and ORIG RWY. THen when you enter a OAT the FMS can calculate TO, CLB, CRZ and MCT for you. (If that wasn't your problem, I appologise for "butting in").

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729

I download the flight plan after take off, do nothing with thrust limit. Really, it's not a problem. I have to do the right procedure, and not hurry to see your nice cockpit with the new release

Hi birdy, I've just tried to recreate your flight, I took off from LESA Rwy 03, without touching the FMS, I climbed staight ahead to 1000ft, then just flew using auto pilot on HDG and ALT mode with nothing entered in FPLN or LEGS pages. I then a after a few minutes, went to The FPLN page, entered LESA into ORIGIN and 03 into RWY, pressed [EXEC], to activate then entered the DEST as LEVC, entered UNSOL into TO on ACT FPN page 1/1, then [NEXT PAGE], enter A33 on left side and CENTA on right side, then [EXEC] the changes. Finally to get the FMS to start flying the plane, I just had to select NAV source to FMS, then copy UNSOL to scratchpad, press [DIR INTC] and press LSK1 to go direct to UNSOL and start flying the route. (see pics below). I had no problems at all. The LEVC ATIS was reporting "Wind Shear Alert" so approaching the area it began to get a bit turbulent (pitching up and down a bit) so as I was flying a bit fast I slowed the CRJ200 down a bit and had no problem. It is possible that if I hadn't slowed down a bit, I might have caused a pitch occilation, which just possibly may have caused the engines to cut if the CRJ encounterd negative G for long enough. But that wouldn't have been the CRJ's fault, it would have been mine for not slowing down.

post-7830-0-54130600-1350413340_thumb.jp post-7830-0-54753400-1350413337_thumb.jp post-7830-0-11763700-1350413336_thumb.jp post-7830-0-53383200-1350413334_thumb.jp

If I get time I wiil try and repeat the flight and just load a SAVED flight if that was what you did.

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729

It is possible that if I hadn't slowed down a bit, I might have caused a pitch occilation, which just possibly may have caused the engines to cut if the CRJ encounterd negative G for long enough. But that wouldn't have been the CRJ's fault, it would have been mine for not slowing down.

It is a possibility. So I redo twice the same fault. I did not post after the first test to be sure. I know this kind of failure.... but i can do this mistake. You have probably find. You are the best.

Thanks to all for your attention. Really enjoy this team.

Regards

It is a possibility. So I redo twice the same fault. I did not post after the first test to be sure. I know this kind of failure.... but i can do this mistake. You have probably find. You are the best.

Hi birdy, just re-flown your problem flight again, takeingoff with no Flight plan or use of FMS, this time loaded a SAVED FPLN, again switching to FMS nav source, then [DIR INTC], and [EXEC] to get to the nearest WP on the FLPN, no problem. The only time the engines would cut on the flight was when I went too fast for the conditions, and a bout of negative G caused fuel starvation (the fuel goes to the top of the tank away from the fuel outlet at the bottom), But I have to be flying very fast on the edge (within 10kts) of the upper red zone, at about FL125!! and needs some turbulence (ATIS gping on about "Wind shear Alerts") to start the CRJ pitching. Again if I jest slow down a bit the pitching stops and no negative G (hense no engine cuts). :)

If you still have problems, try switching "real Wx" off and set "Whole World the same" CAVOK for a bit and try the flight again.

Thanks to all for your attention. Really enjoy this team.

Regards

No problem, hope you enjoy flying the CRJ as much as I do! :D

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729