Cessna Citation TEN

Jordan P.

Here you go, is it too many or too less, not very good yet, a bit crude.

Looks good! don't be afraid to use more vertices, it really makes the plane smoother and makes the windows nicer. My preffered circle has 64 vertices on it. Also, just below the cockpit windows, see how there's a little hump in the shape of the lines of the wireframe? you should smooth that out in all dimensions for best UV reflection

Ah yes I will fix the hump there! Also is there any easy way to make all those rings into 64?

I was merely suggesting that for other parts later on, the current fuselage polygon count is pretty good, it's just a reference for later, like perhaps on the engines. At this point, it's a little too late to make them into 64

Okay so I for engines (and future projects) it is better for a smoother outcome! Also sometimes I smoothen the object (when doing the cockpit at this point, then recalculate the normals and it is still kind of blackish and doesn't looks flat or very nice? I can show I a screen shot in the morning!

you should probably remember to also use the subdivision surface modifier (don't know if you can use it in 2.46) as it can easily increase a low poly mesh into a high poly smooth mesh as long as you make the original mesh correctly also here is the source for the citation model i made a few weeks ago just to give some almost complete parts to speed up the exterior dev also the problem you described in your previous post is probably caused by the plane you are applying it to being flat go into edit mode select the planes you see the issue on and then select flat to make just those faces flat hopefully fixing the problem

citation_source.zip

Edited by mj12345

Yeah I understand but that doesn't work so maybe your talking about something else, also what is this CCX thing? But it is awesome such good designers are taking a look at my work, also i tried the subdivide tool i had for gotten about and it works so i am going to smoothen it out a bit more then subdivide it. Here is a bit i worked on the windshield and the glare shield i am going to redo the wind shield and i will smoothen out the nose!

post-8462-0-40255100-1366875042_thumb.pn

Edited by Remlap

Yeah i knew that, my window frame is separate from the nose and so is the start of my cockpit. But sounds good! If you have other advice or ideas just pitch them my way, it can help a lot! Also see in the pic it is just like what i was talking about you have it still a bit funny looking if that okay?? Because textures should fix that right?

post-8462-0-85660600-1366892930_thumb.pn

Edited by Remlap

Yeah i knew that, my window frame is separate from the nose and so is the start of my cockpit. But sounds good! If you have other advice or ideas just pitch them my way, it can help a lot! Also see in the pic it is just like what i was talking about you have it still a bit funny looking if that okay?? Because textures should fix that right?

no, they won't, that is a problem with normals, you need to highlight that mesh, and add the "edgesplit" modifier to the mesh. do this to all the meshes, and make sure you also "set smooth" all the meshes, so that the lines don't appear blocked.

yes they do fix that problem

• Upvote 1

Didn't know that i just judged by the fact they rendered just fine but thanks for telling me that

I believe that those weird shading lines are an issue with the UV projection/normal projection, so adding edgesplit modifiers will help determine whether or not it should be smooth or sharp, not wavy like it is now

Remlap I have the excellent citation x for fsx and it was always my favourite,its a very eye candy model. Yes i am hopeless I know. Anyway if you keep developing your citation this good I can see it rivalling my Bombardier Challenger for my attention.

Just so you know I appreciate you guys and all your hard work.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Femke I will do my hardest to please your desire! I am hoping it could be the quality of JARs plane (free one) or the ERJ or falcon! It is my first project so I will do it to my best then do another project them what I have learnt from those two projects I will add my knowledge back into the X and update it :) but te interior will be better than those 3 jets! :) also thanks Michael trust me I will ask and it is so awesome that your always here to help kind of like a mentor! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bit of work, some of the fuse, got to make the roof near the windshield more of a smooth transition to the rest of the fuse, did the wings with help of some blueprints, Did some on the undercarriage (aka wing box) not done but i am doing more. more coming soon!

post-8462-0-55281000-1368892295_thumb.pn