Cessna Citation TEN

Jordan P.

I have paused this project because it hasn't got much interest and i will continue in a little while i will report back eventually probably when i have done a lot more in blender.

I want it to keep going, Im really looking forward to a freeware biz jet with 3D cabin, it looks really promising, and i know what awesome work you can do remlap! Keep building!

Haha yep at least this plane will... For first release DEFINATLY be freeware and maybe later projects will be payware depending on how this one works out! I am exited suddenly more interest in my development this makes me want to start back up much earlier!

YAY!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

WE'RE BACK! I have gotten it into blender and started messing around with it! Not much yet. I would also like to introduce our new flight model manager Jeffrey Chen! Also i am working on a 2d custom panel and you can see some of my practice but that will be a choice and there will still be a 3d cockpit :)

post-8462-0-71743500-1365184101_thumb.pn

post-8462-0-74490500-1365184419_thumb.pn

• Upvote 1

Hello guys, I'm the flightmodelist for the Cessna Citation Ten, and me and Jordan has made some progress in the flightmodel:

-The engines now have an extremely accurate fuel consumption data. SFC values are calculated by fuel consumed per newton of thrust per second.

-Bypass ratio, RPM, and critical altitude data inputed.

-Flaps enlarged to 20% of chord.

-The fuselage now has 0.025 for drag coefficient, and the tail fairing 0.005. These are just estimates.

-Planemaker Panel now with Aviden MFD and PFD.

-Thrust uprated to around 7,000lbs

-Control deflection time increased to simulate Pilot Induced Oscillations

-Lower rudder chord size decreased

-Roll Spoilers addded

-H. Stab now moves with trim

-Engine Pylons added

-Lower vertical stab now has NACA 0006 instead of NACA 0009 to match actual thickness

Work is being done to raise the L/D ratio. Currently the max is only 15 at around 300 knots. We are experimenting with different wing twist angles.

We need data on actual wing twist and also L/D ratio at cruise. Maybe 15 is the max, but I doubt it.

-Jeffrey Chen

attachicon.gifWindow render.pngStill working on the Windscreen just put this together this morning got to do some editing and smoothening so it is just right! But starting to come together.

Don't be afraid to use more polygons, the more you use, the smoother it'll look! so far, looks great! 

also, mind the window frames, they're a little warped, if memory serves, the Citation Ten has a very smooth windshield (although it's been a while since i've flown in one)

Edited by Michael_Chang

Don't be afraid to use more polygons, the more you use, the smoother it'll look! so far, looks great! 

also, mind the window frames, they're a little warped, if memory serves, the Citation Ten has a very smooth windshield (although it's been a while since i've flown in one)

Okay yeah i fixed some of the window warping (But what exactly do you mean) and i will fix it more also i will add more polygons thanks for the advice! Also if you could keep pointing out mistakes like that it will be better and better! Also i did around the windscreen so it is cylinder shape!