Cessna Citation TEN

Jordan P.

Here is another shot of the beast! :D

looks good! i'd recomend rounding out the wing box fairing, just the upper level of it (near the front),

also, the frames of the windows appear a little far apart, though it's hard to judge based on the distortion of the lense in the screenshot.

http://www.aeroporto.fvg.it/foto_ok/albums/GENERAL-AVIATION/2006_Citation_X_6.jpg

Edited by Michael_Chang
  • Upvote 1

Yeah i see what you mean in this pic you can see that the 2nd and 3rd frame is a bit to thick and the middle looks about right maybe a bit to big. I will fix the rounded area right now cause i see what you mean!

Looking good! notes for improvement:

• all the bars between the windows should be parallel (the edges of window 1 and 2 aren't parallel and are a bit too far apart)
  • the foremost windshield should be larger
  • second foremost should be longer, but shorter
  • third windshield is too big
  • also, note in the attached photo, the top and bottom of the entire windshield isn't a parallel line, the windshields get smaller and smaller, with the first two being level on the bottom, but not on the top, and the third one being much smaller than the rest.
  • the first two windshields are slanted downwards, the third is horizontal

Still, it's going well thus far, keep up!

6662034705_56d636cfc2_o.jpg

Edited by Michael_Chang
  • Upvote 1

Looking good! notes for improvement:

• all the bars between the windows should be parallel (the edges of window 1 and 2 aren't parallel and are a bit too far apart)
  • the foremost windshield should be larger
  • second foremost should be longer, but shorter
  • third windshield is too big
  • also, note in the attached photo, the top and bottom of the entire windshield isn't a parallel line, the windshields get smaller and smaller, with the first two being level on the bottom, but not on the top, and the third one being much smaller than the rest.
  • the first two windshields are slanted downwards, the third is horizontal

Still, it's going well thus far, keep up!

6662034705_56d636cfc2_o.jpg

• all the bars between the windows should be parallel (the edges of window 1 and 2 aren't parallel and are a bit too far apart) = do you mean the top and bottom of them?
  • the foremost windshield should be larger = which one? And which ones are 1 2 and 3
  • second foremost should be longer, but shorter = the middle one right? Longer but shorter? huh?
  • third windshield is too big = is that the one closest to the door
  • also, note in the attached photo, the top and bottom of the entire windshield isn't a parallel line, the windshields get smaller and smaller, with the first two being level on the bottom, but not on the top, and the third one being much smaller than the rest. = okay i see what you mean all windshields are parallel at the top except the one closest to the door for it is smaller and more slanted.
  • the first two windshields are slanted downwards, the third is horizontal = gotcha :D

Thanks,

Remlap

P.S. sorry about the confusion

• all the bars between the windows should be parallel (the edges of window 1 and 2 aren't parallel and are a bit too far apart) = do you mean the top and bottom of them?
  • the foremost windshield should be larger = which one? And which ones are 1 2 and 3
  • second foremost should be longer, but shorter = the middle one right? Longer but shorter? huh?
  • third windshield is too big = is that the one closest to the door
  • also, note in the attached photo, the top and bottom of the entire windshield isn't a parallel line, the windshields get smaller and smaller, with the first two being level on the bottom, but not on the top, and the third one being much smaller than the rest. = okay i see what you mean all windshields are parallel at the top except the one closest to the door for it is smaller and more slanted.
  • the first two windshields are slanted downwards, the third is horizontal = gotcha :D

Thanks,

Remlap

P.S. sorry about the confusion

omg so sorry i wasn't thinking writing this window 1 = front, window 2 = middle one window 3 = last one

longer/shorter = longer in length but shorter in height

yes third windshield = one closest to the door

omg so sorry

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well I haven't been around x-plane much lately as have been enjoying the summer with my new toy, the Canon Legria HF G10 camcorder and riding on steam trains. But I pop in to keep abreast of developments now and again and one of the first places I visit is this thread. Remlap you a doing a great job, and it is so nice to see a young person happily taking advice then acting on it without seeing it as some kind of personal attack. Carry that attitude with you through life hon and you should do real well. As regards this project your doing fantastic and I am amazed at how well those like you can develop such exciting software.

If anyone shares my love of steam trains you can go to my Youtube page and see the video I just posted http://youtu.be/AU6H1YnqgG4  if that's okay Cameron I hope I am not trespassing on the boards good nature.

• 2 weeks later...

bit of editing, i need to move the front part of the wing box back a bit, i know. But i started to model the basic H Stab, V Stab and but the object that joins them. i have to smoothen that object a bit and model it better but it is going well. My mouse broke so i couldn't work for the begining of summer. Suggestions please say them :D

post-8462-0-60758600-1371735567_thumb.pn

bit of editing, i need to move the front part of the wing box back a bit, i know. But i started to model the basic H Stab, V Stab and but the object that joins them. i have to smoothen that object a bit and model it better but it is going well. My mouse broke so i couldn't work for the begining of summer. Suggestions please say them :D

looks good! Progressing really well for a first jet. A suggestion, the wing root fairing, or wingbox, is it not connected to the fuselage and in one mesh in this plane? because on the real airplane, the wingbox is smooth, not bumpy as it is in your rendering.

If you take a look at the photo below, you can see that the wingbox has an up and down curve to it, starting from the third passenger window backwards. The blue and gray stripe provides a pretty good guide as to the shape of the wingbox

8362423742_3d96a1343b_o.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Did some window work and gears door, just started them. New engines are being worked on now i blended the fuse, the point on the belly is still being worked on with the 3d cockpit in the works right now. as for the interior, shots coming soon. Rear landing gear also being worked on.

post-8462-0-92576100-1375087193_thumb.jp

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...