Corvalis support?

AtomicFrawg

I am having a few issues with this plane. Its a great little plane but there are items that need to be addressed. Please note I fly X-plane 10 -10.10 rc1.

I can get video of all issues as I stream/promote x-plane 10 on twitch.tv.

1) Landing lights and Taxi lights don't show on the runway. Also Black square surrounding them.(All the time)

2)Nav light have a black square surrounding them when the Strobe flashes. Inside and outside the cockpit. (all the time)

3)When I change color schemes, from the inital load up of the plane, it shuts the engine off and the switches turn off. When I cycle the switches on, they auto cycle back off. (does not happen all the time)(gizmo issue?)

4) On the topo map, the plane does not show when your flying a plane at sea lvl on the VC cockpit. Im guessing sea lvl is off white. Icon should revert to black when in topo mode would fix this or make sea lvl darker.

5)The ready pad needs to have a pop out in VC mode. (pretty Please, with sugar on top)

6) I cant stop flying it!

Thank you for taking the time to read.

I am having a few issues with this plane. Its a great little plane but there are items that need to be addressed. Please note I fly X-plane 10 -10.10 rc1.

I can get video of all issues as I stream/promote x-plane 10 on twitch.tv.

1) Landing lights and Taxi lights don't show on the runway. Also Black square surrounding them.(All the time)

2)Nav light have a black square surrounding them when the Strobe flashes. Inside and outside the cockpit. (all the time)

3)When I change color schemes, from the inital load up of the plane, it shuts the engine off and the switches turn off. When I cycle the switches on, they auto cycle back off. (does not happen all the time)(gizmo issue?)

4) On the topo map, the plane does not show when your flying a plane at sea lvl on the VC cockpit. Im guessing sea lvl is off white. Icon should revert to black when in topo mode would fix this or make sea lvl darker.

5)The ready pad needs to have a pop out in VC mode. (pretty Please, with sugar on top)

6) I cant stop flying it!

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Please post your system specs including CPU, GPU, etc. Also, please tell us your render settings.

1 & 2.)The graphics issues may be GPU related and/or driver issues.

3.) As for changing liveries.. that is a new issue and I will have to look into it.

4.) Please tell me where you are flying that you see this so I can test it.

5.) Will consider for the future.

6.) Then don't :)

Thanks for your business. We will try to resolve all issues for you. Keep in Mind that XP10 is still relatively new and currently changing all the time, so, some of these problems you are having may be related to that.

Jim

Edited by JGregory

Hey thanks Jim. I was very excited to see this plane. I kinda just found it recently. It has become my new favorite plane to fly over The carenado 172.

The other add on airplane carenado 172 does not have the light block issues. I know I called it a black square but now thinking on it a bit it seems like it would be more like a light texture border. I will get a video together to explain it better and I will also make it do the switch thing.

I have a 920 i7 overclocked to 4ghz

8gigs of ddr3 tripple channel ram

evga 560gtx with 2 gigs of vram (updated to the latest drivers from Nvidia)

I have all settings maxed. Runs smoothly at 50+ fps.

I am flying around KLFT (Lafayette,La)

Keep up the great work =)

Why would lights have anything to do with item three on your list? I'm rather confused. I still stand by my statement. What you state is a tall tale traditional example of what X-Plane may do in memory exhaustive scenarios.

On the CRJ if this occurs will will shut off displays from showing. Each aircrafts reaction to X-Plane's response of the situation will be different.

Cameron no disrespect, but please re-read my 2nd post about the black squares and what I really wanted to describe. The photos show that this is a texture issue where the strobe texure is block by the nav light texture.

When I get home I will rerun the test on low settings.

Edited by AtomicFrawg

Cameron no disrespect, but please re-read my 2nd post about the black squares and what I really wanted to describe. The photos show that this is a texture issue where the strobe texure is block by the nav light texure.

I'm sorry. You're still not making sense to anything I am discussing. It appears to me you keep talking about item #2 on your list, yet I have again stated twice now that I am discussing item #3. As a reply to that, you insisted that issue #2 was not caused by any form of memory exhaustion (something I never disputed or tried to assert).

Let me quote you to help you realize what I am discussing:

My bad sorry. It seems I need to go back and read.

So out of memory would cause the switches to auto cycle?

I saw were we got crossed. I posted pics because I said it could better explain #2 than what I described. It was not in response to your original post.

Again I apologize

Edited by AtomicFrawg

OK.. some more info...

1. Landing lights work fine for me. The (third) picture you posted shows the "taxi" light on, not the landing light... I can confirm that the taxi light is not showing up on the runway and will get back to you on that.

2. I have confirmed with Laminar that the Nav light texture issue is a bug and will be fixed in the near future.

3. See what Cameron said above.. an OOM error can cause the plugin to stop working altogether, which would cause the switches to shut off.

4. I cannot reproduce the issue with the topo map.. please post a pic of what you are seeing.

5. You can set up a "view" that can be accessed via the num keypad to quickly zoom into the "ReadyPad". This should be just as good as a "pop-up".

Jim

Thank Jim and Cameron for the help.

I had both the landing light and taxi lights on. It starts up default with both lights on for me. Why? I have no clue. But again it may be an x-plane 10 issue like you said with the nav lights.

Below are 2 photos that you asked for. One is in 2d and the other is in VC mode.

Thank you for Item 5. I forgot they added that feature in beta 10. =)

Please dont think I am nit picking the plane, as I said before I love flying it and would love to see it be the best it can be. And I would recomend it to anyone.

X-Plane2012-09-1206-18-01-74.jpg

X-Plane2012-09-1206-17-45-41.jpg

Edited by AtomicFrawg

Thank Jim and Cameron for the help.

I had both the landing light and taxi lights on. It starts up default with both lights on for me. Why? I have no clue. But again it may be an x-plane 10 issue like you said with the nav lights.

Below are 2 photos that you asked for. One is in 2d and the other is in VC mode.

As I said, I cannot recreate the issue with the landing light... please post (2) separate pics, one with the taxi light on ONLY and one with the landing light on ONLY. The taxi light is less bright and more "yellow" than the landing light, which should be apparent when looking at them from the outside. The previous pic you posted appears to be more yellow but it could be the angle.. please take the new pics from about 45˚ or less (but not 90). I agree that the taxi light is NOT showing up on the ground and I will check into that. Yes, the taxi and landing lights are on at startup.

The topo map issue is related to the brightness of the instrument lighting, which was changed in XP10. This has been corrected for the next update of the Corvalis.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...