Freeware 787-8 project

Michael_Chang

Hey Michael,

Great job so far. I've been flying Heinz's 787 for a while and in all honesty, it's a disappointment - the overhead panel looks half-done, the MFDs also look odd and the whole plane feels weird, especially after finally learning how to properly fly Ramzzess' 777 Worldliner (speaking of which, you should check out Pumper's cockpit redesign - looks and feels wonderful).

I've been silently following this thread since June 2013 or so, and there's a lot of progress - I look forward to flying this plane. The cockpit also looks wonderful, with more 3D modelling. I've got one query, though - does your plane come with the airport diagram displays, as shown in the top right of this picture: maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks, and hope to fly this beauty soon.

P.S. I'm as old as you are - a 17-year-old teenager. It's great to see other youths spearheading development in such obscure fields like flight simulation. I wish I knew how to develop scenery and planes...

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

So i'm starting my second project, which is about 40 different 787 packages. Each package will contain one livery, with custom interior and exterior fittings. the planes will feature FBW plugins and a full 3d cockpit, along with a full interior and detailed exterior. A video by Ruyjo1 is available on his youtube channel.

wheres the link for the plane?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Nobody truly knows about the current status of the project except Michael. I'm 100% sure he knows what he is doing, and is probably caught up in schoolwork. Believe me, I am at that point too. Lets all remember that Michael will make the announcement regarding the status of the project when he is ready, so giving your two cents and asking for the release date, saying that it is dead, etc......lets all just be patient and se what the announcement is.

All he has to do is have the common decency to let people know how the project is developing; after all he started the project.

If he does not wish to finish the project he started, so be it.

Just 2 minutes of his time for a reply, rather than an elitist ‘they can wait’ attitude.

• Downvote 1

All he has to do is have the common decency to let people know how the project is developing; after all he started the project.

Just 2 minutes of his time for a reply, rather than an elitist ‘they can wait’ attitude.

And that 2 minutes of his time does indeed hinder his success. Like you said, it's his project. Therefore, he is in charge of educating us on the status on the project.

NOW LISTEN HERE YOU. I HAVE A LIFE, I HAVE UNIVERSITIES I'M WAITING TO HEAR BACK FROM, I HAVE A JOB AND ON TOP OF THAT I GET 5 EMAILS A DAY ASKING ME WHEN MY WORK WILL BE COMPLETE.

This is my project and I will decide when I make updates to this thing. Don't tell me to have the "common decency" to share my work with you, it's my work and my "common decency" will be updating you WHEN I CAN, which is NOT as often as you clearly want me to.

There are things more important to me right now than a pile of computer code, deal with it.

• Upvote 1

Hi ZRoman or Michael Chang,

I just want to ask for a release date and can you please give us pre releases? The video promos on youtube makes your plane look so good. The video was launched like a year ago or so and it looks finished, so even though you may not think you have finished it, we are all waiting. Can you please release a pre-release version for this plane? Also, please reply me.

• Downvote 9

I just want to ask for a release date and can you please give us pre releases? The video promos on youtube makes your plane look so good. The video was launched like a year ago or so and it looks finished, so even though you may not think you have finished it, we are all waiting. Can you please release a pre-release version for this plane? Also, please reply me.

Did you not read Post #1041

• Upvote 2

If this keeps up i'm going to kill this thread and leave EVERYONE in the dark until the plane is finished.

Edited by Michael_Chang
  • Upvote 1

NOW LISTEN HERE YOU. I HAVE A LIFE, I HAVE UNIVERSITIES I'M WAITING TO HEAR BACK FROM, I HAVE A JOB AND ON TOP OF THAT I GET 5 EMAILS A DAY ASKING ME WHEN MY WORK WILL BE COMPLETE.

This is my project and I will decide when I make updates to this thing. Don't tell me to have the "common decency" to share my work with you, it's my work and my "common decency" will be updating you WHEN I CAN, which is NOT as often as you clearly want me to.

There are things more important to me right now than a pile of computer code, deal with it.

Dear Michael,

more than everything I can understand your point of view. Of course, we all have a life beside or computers. And that's more than good.

On the other hand, a lot of us are enthusiasts, flying a Cessna, Pilatus, e.g. And want to have the fun and feeling of a big bird in the Sim. And then came you ;) Showing a great 787, we all want, after the one from Heinz isn't developed any longer, doesn't have the depth in system. It's something like christmas. Want to have, to fly. And now: some people are shooting over the final line. Begging you. Want to have it now, everything. 

But isn't it better, to ignore them? Or let them help you? Instead of crying in the forum (or the CapsLock was triggered all the time ;) ).

Live your life, develop what and when you want. But don't be rude. 

Maybe we should find a way, to bring the great 787 from Flightgear over?!

Regards

Thomas

Edited by ThommiTechnik