Cassutt Racer Development

brent123

Hi!

Decided to move the topic here for a time being, I got suspended from .org and now I see why people complain.

I'll be probably posting there more once I get unsuspended and if I'll have a post block, I'll keep posting here.

Cassutt Racer is in it's final stages of development. There is approx. 1 month of work left.

I still need to improve flight model a bit, Hampster is completing the textures right now, I need to UV map the cockpit, I'm probably going to give it to Hampster so he can paint it.

For now, I only have one huge problem. The drag.

Default drag is set to 0.075. I set it to 1.000 - which is way too much! I didn't know that till I contacted Austin Meyer about the engine problems. It didn't drag the plane as it should. There were two wrong things: custom shaped propeller (made it so it looks more realistic) and the way too much drag. I lowered the drag to 0.075 and made the propeller shaped as it should be. Everything was fine but than I remembered why I put so much drag. Cause it didn't want to slow down fast enough. I told that to Austin and gave him the plane. He got the right FPM descend as in the real thing with the speed as it is in real plane. Don't know how he did it tho, I always come at 5° angle to the runway and than float above the whole 3 kilometer runway before I touch down.

I was thinking of creating an invisible speedbrake driven by SASL plugin. As I open the throttle, it retracts down and when I close the throttle, it retracts up and slow the plane down by loosing lift or just by speedbrake drag. Is this a good idea?

Here's the link to org topic: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=55714

Thanks in advance!

Mat

no I was the one to convince him...

after I did my nice cockpit instruments and a few touch ups on the texture which u r giving to my beloved ham so he can refurbish my *shoddy* work...

HAHAHA... sry if i made you feel bad... i was TOTALLY screwing around...

I really like the paint that hamster did

what is a UV map anyways????? if its pretty simple i could do it...

Check the .org topic (link in my signature) to see more pictures and look here: http://forums.x-plan...340#entry673355

Jack, come on skype so I send the plane to you. Oh and btw, you can't do UV maps cause you don't know how to use blender. UV's are texture regions.

And P.S.: this plane doesn't have flaps. Nor speedbrakes. I may add invisible speedbrakes so I get that drag I need. The invisible speedbrakes will probably be driven by SASL plugin.

Edited by brent123

lol I'm Sorry! My English failed - once again...

@UltimateFlier: true, every Cassutt is different. But they all have a basic shape and a basic design. No flaps. Ever seen an acro plane with flaps? (except Zlin, it's a training acro plane so it doesn't count)

Anyways, we are discussing problems on .org now again. For those who are banned from org, I'll post here as well but not as much as I post there.

• 1 month later...