What did you buy today?

Simmo W

Yeah, I'll enjoy this new setup for a few mths, before it becomes obsolete again. I wonder if it'll let me run xp10 with HDR & 50% clouds? I'll report bak, if I don't stuff up the SSD transfers!

Hey now, no complaining about obsolete computers. At least you can upgrade yours, unlike my Mac!

Nice badge Goran!

Yeah, I'll enjoy this new setup for a few mths, before it becomes obsolete again. I wonder if it'll let me run xp10 with HDR & 50% clouds? I'll report bak, if I don't stuff up the SSD transfers!

It'll be interesting to hear how your 670 does with X-Plane 10. I have the 680 and it honestly chomps through 10 with things maxed out, clouds included. The fill-rate ability on these cards is phenomenal.

Ha, good idea! Not funny if the fire brigade needs to turn up!

Just lifted it out of the box, biggest top fan I've ever seen. A nice clear side panel. So I can show off? No one I know locally would know the difference between a GTX670 and a blanket.

• 3 weeks later...

I just upgraded my pc about 2 weeks ago with the Radeon XTX 6770 and a 600W thermal lake power supply. I will tell you I HATE the thermal lake PSU it's loud until I start up either X-Plane 10 or Arma 2. I currently have a HP machine with AMD A6-3600 2.2Ghz quad-core, 1Tb hd, 8Gb of ram. All for about $500 dollars at Best Buy. Now with my new video card I have X-Plane 10 almost maxed out and getting around 30fps which I'm happy with. Only thing I don't have turned up is clouds, traffic, and water. Doesn't chomp through x-plane like Camron's machine does but I'm ok with it right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought these Sony Headphones on clearance at futureshop for 39 Loonies http://store.sony.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=20153&langId=200&catalogId=100803&partNumber=MDRPQ1#specifications thy are Pink and black but sound great and have great reviews so for that price I can live with the Pink. :wub:

Nice Cans Larry! Funny, the over-ears are so popular now, when before you'd never be seen dead with em. even though I've always had a pair for home use. Anyone who keeps the stock (say) Apple earphones really needs to try some better cans! They're awful. But my dog likes eating them.