Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kiedels

XP Jets Boeing 777 3D-Cockpit

What would you rather want from the XP Jets 777 3D cockpit?   50 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather want from the XP Jets 777 3D cockpit?

• Realistic 777 FMC
    • Reflections in the cockpit

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I really love what you're doing with the Boeing 777. It is one of my favorite aircraft. I saw what you posted on your website, and I think it is awesome that you are putting so much detail into the plane. In one of your posts you said that you can't put reflections into the 3D cockpit, but from looking at the CRJ-200 from jrollon, you can put reflections into the cockpit. And in one of Danklaue's planemaker video tutorials he says that he will make a video about reflections. It's your opinion if you want to put reflections into the cockpit, but I think it will look much better. Also, in the pictures of the 3D cockpit, it looks like you will program the real 777 FMC, and integrate it into the cockpit. I'm just curious, because the FMC doesn't look like the default x-plane FMC.

You cant make dynamic reflection's. It would just be an illusion (I think).

Theo is right. I think.. Im pretty sure the reflections you are seeing are partof the textures applied to the cockpit.

Absolutely correct...as of now, dynamic reflections are an impossibility. Any appearance of such reflections are baked into the textures. Danklaue's dynamic reflections are just a function of Blender materials and environment based reflection maps. Nice to know in terms of Blender for rendering etc, but currently impossible within the X-Plane framework. Per the FMC, Sven, our resident programmer, is hard at work on all facets of the 777 avionics suite including a full FMC. So no default X-Plane FMC here ;)

Cheers

Alex

It'll be released when it, the plugin, and everything else is done™

Long story short, most certainly not right now, and the immediate future isn't looking good either. Lots of work to do.