Olympic Disaster

Simmo W

Other than this forum going down the drain (Orgwars, again?), lets talk something else.

Olympics.

So far a disaster for Oz. Look at this, Even NZ is ahead of us! (at this minute..)

Expected though, cutting sporting programs is already having its effect.

I really miss Ben/ Indii being in this place as often as he used to.

At least u Poms finally got a few Golds!

Screenshot_2012-08-03-21-21-28.png

Yeah I must admit Simon you guys have had a shocker! I'm on a train going back to South Wales, was at the first session at the stadium this morning. Truly incredible atmosphere from everyone there. Plenty of superb OZ support too. Was at the rowing on Monday, you guys in gold were almost louder than us Brits. You guys know how to party! Hope it gets better for you though mate. Now, if you could just start losing in rugby and let us Welshies win I would be very grateful...but we both know that is NEVER going to happen. I'm still upset from that whitewash the other day! Lol.

Cheers

Rhydian

Ha, that's funny, the old Canadian apology complex!

Gawd, Oz still has just the one Gold, NZ 3. I really hope you kiwis beat us, we need a kick up the pants. Ha, we should have just recruited Michael Phelps and sent him, alone, to beat our entire team's tally. Shouldn't joke really, they all work so hard and deserve all the congrats just to be there.

Great to see Great Britain right up with the leaders. What's that, say $14,500,000,000 divided by 8, equals...hang on, my calculator just broke! Let's round it up, make it $2,000,000,000 a medal. Bloody good return, spiffing!

Ouch, my thumb hurts from typing all those zeroes.

Australia's medal situation is not great but the Australian public might notice our sailers as they never get a mention on TV. We have 4 sailers who are the gold medal favourites in there class of boat. Hopefully if they do well they might get some type of mention on the local TV unlike usual. While I talk about the local TV, Channel 9's coverage of the games in my opionin has been terrible. It was enough make us upgrade our pay-TV package to include the olympics.

Edited by X-Plane Australia

aussies are definitely doing well in sailing, absolutely cleaning up the table in the 49ers, true!

Don't forget Tom Slingsby the 5 time world champion who is currently leading the Lasers and on track for gold. Also the women's match racing team has one 10 races out of 10 and still no mention. At the same time in the 470 we also have the gold medal favourites. If we could get gold medals in these 4 events the sailing might get a bit of attention.

Will we ever see the Winter olympics held in Australia ? or other southern countries It would be cool for us northerners to watch them in the middle of summer :) It would seem that the olympics are based on the northern Hemisphere though . And we forget that many of you down under are living in the great white south and we Canadians are up here complaining about the heat in the great white north B)

Edited by larjeet

Australia's medal situation is not great but the Australian public might notice our sailers as they never get a mention on TV. We have 4 sailers who are the gold medal favourites in there class of boat. Hopefully if they do well they might get some type of mention on the local TV unlike usual. While I talk about the local TV, Channel 9's coverage of the games in my opionin has been terrible. It was enough make us upgrade our pay-TV package to include the olympics.

aussies are definitely doing well in sailing, absolutely cleaning up the table in the 49ers, true!

Don't forget Tom Slingsby the 5 time world champion who is currently leading the Lasers and on track for gold. Also the women's match racing team has one 10 races out of 10 and still no mention. At the same time in the 470 we also have the gold medal favourites. If we could get gold medals in these 4 events the sailing might get a bit of attention.

I'm very happy, 3 Australian Gold medals from the sailing and another big possibility in the Women's match racing. Suddenly the Australian media are making out that they have been supporting the Sailing from the beginning ;).