Piaggio P180 Avanti II upgrade

airfighter

I tried this aircraft and it is really good and fun to fly and I can say definetely it flys smoother and more narural then then Avanti Alterna does. I really loved Avanti II. Fantastic work, thank you!

But I had some issues I would like to ask about:

-WX radar: is there any indication for it to make sure it is on or off?

- FUEL: where are the gauges whicn show me the total fuel?

- FIX, VOR, NDB etc buttons on nav. display: is there any indication which shows when the respective button on or off?

- heading knob(the biggest issue): when I turn it back and forth by clicking + or - only odd numbers are avaliable. Is there any possibility to fix it? Otherwise it is impossible to fly online:(

- FLAPS: afaik (I might be wrong) when you extract flaps to pos. 1 first the nose ones start to move then the main ones on the wings move. Are you going to change the sequence? Just for my information:rolleyes:

- there is no 'soft ride' button anywhere, isn't it? Is it a feature of the Avanti II or just a simplification?

- AFAIK the taxi light is situated on the leading edge of the aircraft kiel, not next to the nose gear, where actually the landing lights are.

- you can damage the landing lights by leaving them extracted on the speed more then 160 kn but it is not like this on this particular model.

- AFAIK the service ceiling of the Avanti II is 41 000 feet, not 40 000.

So colud you please comment all that stuff?

Thanks in advance

Added later: OK, I've found the fuel quantity indicators:)

Sent from my Galaxy Note via Tapatalk

Edited by Silent_V

Silent_V,

-FIX, VOR, etc: There is no indication if it on or off. They appear or disappear from the map.

-The heading knob is sometimes jumps 2 or 3 degrees. That needs some investigation why.

-FLAPS: There is no such setting which one moves first.

-"Soft ride" button? I do not understand that. Please be more clear on that.

-TAXI LIGHTS: see below...

post-5826-0-86061700-1370262710_thumb.pn

-There is no damage/failure simulated except what X-Plane gives.

-It is 41000 ft.

-Night texture: I have indicated that this is test and not something final. 

Ok, thank you for comments. I am sorry for being a pain. I am just trying to clear up all that tiny things which seem unclear for me.

As to 'soft ride', on Avanty I it makes the actions of the flight controls smoother for better comfort while cruize. Does A II have the same feature?

As to service ceiling, the reason I asked is that in the manual it is stated that max. cruize alt is 40 000 feet.

Sent from my Galaxy Note via Tapatalk

Edited by Silent_V

No problem, I had to answer...fast cause I was in a hurry!

I'm not aware of any 'soft ride', at least I haven't found it in the manuals. Since the flight controls are mechanically linked to controls surfaces the is no way to interact with them for a softer ride. You might confusing with the an Avanti's AUTOPILOT feature, that above 18000 ft, the maximum bank angle automatically is reduced to 15 deg. This one is simulated. You can see a white arc (from 15 deg left to 15 deg right) on the top or AH.

You are right for the service ceiling, that is a mistype in the Operating Manual. It is 41000ft.    

No probs:) Here is the link.

http://www.avsim.su/forum/topic/125893-eshe-odin-krugosvetchik-ya-to-est/

I recently changed my nick-name so the custom livery I have on my aircraft has my old one but on all the next screen shots I will have a livery with my new nicj-name: Silent_V.

Actually I am Russian so all the thread is in Russian. But feel free to rate screenshots. You will be able to understand ICAO codes of the airport and METARs so enjoy. In case you  will have any questions, feel free to ask.

Edited by Silent_V

I found the problem and I'll give you an easy fix to do it right away, before I included to the next release.

1. Go to Avanti folder and open with a text editor the avanti_cockpit.obj file.

2. Search for "latlon".

3. It should say: "sim/FMS/latlon"

4. Change it to: "sim/FMS/type_latlon"

You are good to go! It was a mistype in the command I have used.

Happy Flyin'!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi to all!

Have been reported issues with X-Plane 10 crashing when using the Avanti II. Also have problems myself. This is due to the older plugin is with the package.

Get this:  

sasl.zip

INSTALLATION:

1. Unzip and you'll get a "sasl" folder.

2. Put the folder into "P180 Avanti II/plugins" folder to overwrite the old one.

3. Fire up X-Plane and enjoy!

Hi

I have been flying/simming this plane for 100hours now and i really like it and the way it handles.

This is my plane of choice in FS Economy, fast, easy to fly, economic and no problem getting in and out of small airfields.

I noted a couple of things while flying:

1: A weird reflection on the sun visors.

2: See trough floor at the rudder pedals.

3: While deploying airbrakes i get a weird drag to the left? "I dont think this plane even have airbrakes?"

Researched a bit on the Avanti II and found that the forward wing sync with the deployment of flaps getting rid of the balooning effect.

Would this be possible to implement in XP?

This is a nice video from a pilots perspective of flying the P180, at 2:30 he talks about the forward wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFrrWF8CwD8

And a little tip at the end:

I have 6 different liveries for this plane from the org, downloaded a long time ago for the v9 version of the P180 and it works nicely in XP10.

Br

Edited by P3R

Thanks for your kind words!

1. That reflection was made to place the existing one in the default Avanti to match with the new cockpit. Not so successful though, have to admit.

2. Looks like a transparency problem around the pedals.

3. There are no airbrakes on this aircraft. 

For flaps deployment, you can open the aircraft in Plane Maker, go to Control Geometry and somewhere in the mid right says "Flaps def time". The value is 008. Make that 016. This will make the flaps deployment more slow and the ballooning effect not so obvious.

It is almost everything possible to be done! But, that sync thing needs good information how this works and really goes beyond of the scope of this freeware aircraft. 

I try to fix those issues as fast as I can have some free time.