Piaggio P180 Avanti II upgrade

airfighter

Hi to all!

An update. The v1.1 will take some time to be released. I'm gearing up with SASL. This has two advantages. First I will remove many of the custom instruments and replace them with SASL code. So, it will be lighter on textures (= less VRAM). Second, added functionality to systems that are not very well simulated at the first release.

Edited by airfighter
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! A few updates.

• Few changes in manipulators to be easier to use, like heading, altitude, obs etc. Also added to condition levers and flaps levers, so you can handle them with the mouse.  
  • Most of custom instruments have been removed and their place have been taken by plugin. This will reduce the video memory requirements so any with lower capabilities graphics cards to able to enjoy it. Also that provides way better functionality to a level close to the real aircraft simulation.
  • Next release will address the problem with landing gears for XP10. It will be a temporary fix this time. I have modeled a new set of the main landing gears, but the export script seems to messing the animation completely. I'm waiting a fix for that.
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Probably the v1.1 will be released till the end of February. Improvements for this release will be:

• Better and more realistic operations across the cockpit, based on SASL. 64-bit version will be included.
  • Improved manipulator for autopilot setting (altitude especially!) 
  • Manipulations for condition levers and flaps (not for throttles though).
  • Improvements at "look" of the cockpit.
  • A very basic landing gear for XP10.

Now, tell me what you think of this?

post-5826-0-63397500-1361125394_thumb.pn

• Upvote 2

Thanks Ntr09!

Update:

While I'm working with the next release, which probably will have 2 version, 1 for XP9.7 and 1 for XP10 (latest release), here is a link if you want to try Avanti now in XP10 64-bit.

GET SASL 64bit plugin

INSTALLATION to AVANTI:

1. Unzip the downloaded file. You will get a sasl folder.

2. Move the folder inside Avanti's plugin folder. (X-Plane/Aircraft/P180 Avanti II/plugin/put sasl folder here).

3. Ready to fly with Avanti in XP10 64bit!

Many thanks to dden making the plugin available! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! 

A short update...

The next release will give you an Avanti II a high level of simulation. Added features (to the list above, post #81):

• Real aircraft AUTOPILOT operations
  • Improved flight model within 10% of the real aircraft 

Few more features are tested and may be implemented too. Please allow 2-3 weeks more before release. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

Almost a month since last update, but a lot of work have been done. The development for version 1.1 is almost finished, only few minor tweaks are remaining plus documentation update.

Some major features of this version:

• Optimized 3D cockpit geometry (a lot less polygons)
  • Full AUTOPILOT simulation
  • Improved flight model (now within less 10% of the real aircraft)
  • SASL based systems simulation and logic 
  • Full checklist displayed on MFD
  • Many bugs fixes

Here is a pic with the checklist on MFD

post-5826-0-03935400-1365109704_thumb.pn

• Upvote 3

Thanks mariodonick! I'm doing my best to get the best experience ever to a freeware aircraft. But have in mind this release will be way more demanding to fly, close to the real aircraft. Those words actually are not mine but from a fellow very experienced real life turboprop pilot who helped me a lot with the development!

• 3 weeks later...

ATTENTION TO ALL X-PLANE 10 USERS:

When switching on the landing lights (LDG position), the lights might not come on, instead they will flicker. To fix that download the file below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qac6wqsus2pwfl0/switches.lua.zip

INSTALLATION: 

1. Unzip the file.

2. Put the file to P180 Avanti II/Customs Avionics folder, and replace the previous file.

3. Go and test it.

This normally should solve the problem.

Edited by airfighter

I have noticed a problem in X-Plane 10 with HDR ON. There is a "circle" shown through the FO PFD. I had fixed that but probably slipped from packaging. To solve that download this file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfvfbs8c3l63m1n/Archive.zip

INSTALLATION:

1. Unzip the Archive.zip

2. You'll get a folder. In that folder there are 2 file. Put those files (not the folder) into P180 Avanti II folder (in the Avanti's root folder) and replace the old files.

3. Test it!

In XP9 and XP10 with HDR OFF, the DISPLAY knob in the LIGHTING PANEL does nothing. But in XP10 HDR ON is used to turn up the displays brightness. On loading the aircraft is about 50% brightness. To have a clearer view of the displays turn it up (even full). Then you can adjust the brightness of individual displays' rheostats.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's look cool! Well done. Have you ever tried Avanti Alterna by Vic Kabernique? I compared them both (his one and yours) and it seems like the Alterna hase more systems. Have you ever thought about improve systems on your version ov Avanty?

Sent from my Galaxy Note via Tapatalk

Thanks guys! 

@Silent_V. Yes I have tried Alterna and I think it is a great one! But though both aircrafts are Avantis, they difference between them is a big one. Also there is a huge difference in approach of replicating the aircraft. Alterna is a more refined standard X-Plane Avanti with some awesome failures features, when my Avanti is the newest version (Avanti II) with total different avionics and an almost full working 3D cockpit. 

So from systems point of view, these aircrafts have very different systems/avionics, they cannot be match to create a mix of them. I'm not agree with you that my aircraft lucks of system simulation. Like the autopilot system. It is working like the real aircraft's AP (you can use even VNAV with X-FMC/UFMC). I can tell you that behind the scene, there are many scripts running for supporting real operation. Of course there are many to be done to have a complete simulation.

There will be still future in my Avanti development, but later, since now I'm working on other projects.  

Airfighter, thank you for the explanation. I might be wrong just because I tried the early version of it a while ago so things have probably been changed since then. Gotta try the latest one. Could you please please give me a link to the latest version? Thanks in advance.

I love this aircraft and if you need any help just let me know.

Sent from my Galaxy Note via Tapatalk

Edited by Silent_V