10.10 Library Objects

chris k

WOW. Love the new Sodium Lights. Also noticed the "twinkle/glare" of any bright light as been toned down at distance (which is good).

WOW! Is all I can say now for the HDR night ligting. EGADS thats AWESOME.

post-5973-0-52956100-1342130636_thumb.jp post-5973-0-97944600-1342130640_thumb.jp

- CK.

P.S. Sorry to anyone reading/viewing - my screenshots of the tweaked HDR mode simply cannot do it justice (vs in-sim 1920x1200 @ 40 FPS)

Edited by chris k

Hey Chris. There's no breakdown of the art assets. Mostly just play around in the miscellaneous buildings section of the library and also the ramp stuff where there's new cargo elements. We plan to consolidate the assets as some point. When we started, the tools were new and best workflow practices weren't developed yet. We pretty much knew that we might get far along and have a handful to organize..but really had no choice. My facade building skills are much more advanced now and I plan to go back and clean up yet even more..and also develop some more. Once the beta run is over....I'll begin looking into documentation and training...though seems you're doing more than fine Chris!

Tom

• Upvote 1

Hehe thanks for the swift reply Tom. I just realized I could answer my own quesiton - I can just "diff" the old library.txt's with the new ones.

Thanks on the pointers too into what sections of lib/airport are updated.

/me scurries off to start the WED Spelunking!

- CK.

Edited by chris k

Ramp:

Luggage Dollys.

3 x cargo Palettes

cart parking

cargo pod

cargo pot lot

cargo pod parking

Thankyou! I was using a stand-in from OSX for these types of objects. Glad to see this is now in the lib.

New Facades:

fence ranch

fenced parking

blue hangar

blue warehouse

white hangar

white warehouse

white office

Parking items:

Row of cars

7 space

10 space

yellow marks

yellow caps

Forests:

Park.for?

grass.for? NEVERMIND these are OSX ones from a backup lib. not XP10.

- CK.

Edited by chris k

Would you share your settings and VRAM usage please? I want want to try to use HDR with 10.10 but still have performance and VRAM issues. thx!

Another Screenshot Just taken (originally 1920x1200):

737_195.jpg

Settings:

40fps-rendering-hdr.png

HDR does seem to use an extra 100Mb of VRAM for some reason vs NonHDR on the exact same scene. However, much does get swapped out to system RAM if needed to fit inside my 512Mb.

A 1 Gb VRAM User should have 0 problems as these settings on even a modest (4870 or 5770 style) card. 5870 should fly. I'm VRAM and Fill-rate limited (my CPU is pinned, its the Gfx card that cant keep up)

System: MacPro 2009, 2.96 Ghz 4-Core Xeon, 12 Gb DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD4870 512Mb, OSX 10.6.8

- CK.

Edited by chris k

I found Water Reflection to -> NONE has immensely helped out FPS across the board in any mode. It's a nice effect in mountainous/lake filled regions as eye-candy, but I get a mass boost when I turn it off ..

Don't need eye candy when I'm trying to do a "greaser" by hand on a Visual Approach in VATSIM.... (Autopilot? LOC/GS? What's that!?) =)

- CK.

I found Water Reflection to -> NONE has immensely helped out FPS

With "not much hope" I referred more to 32bit-VRAM limits, performance is only my second problem ;). I need to stay below approx. 3.7GB, otherwise I'll xmap out of memory. And I do get that already with lesser resolution and lesser obejcts than you have set. HDR alwys pusches it up another 100-300mb. And every bit counts ;)