AI planes not moving on ground if CRJ Avionics plugin is on!

ayarov

Hi there,

ok do me a favor and try out the following:

May be you could also reproduce the problem with your current installation of X-Plane but I just made sure it was not anything else that was causing this strange behavior.

- Get a brand new installation of X-Plane 10.5r1(can be also the Demo)

- install the CRJ 200 1.4.5

- start X-Plane

- after you see the inside of the default B747, wait for 10-15 seconds

- bring up the location map and chek out to see if the planes that were on the ground together with you have moved. There should be a small purple line showing the path they have travelled since start. It should be visible.

- now load the CRJ and then quit X-Plane so it would be loaded the next time we start the sim

- start X-Plane and wait for 10-15 seconds

- I do not know what you will see, but I do not see any planes on the ground moving, only those that are in the air have a purple line aded to them.

What I noticed is that if I disable the CRJ Avionics plugin and reload the AI planes they immediately start moving, and afterwards if I try to reenable the plugin again X-Plane crashes.

So to wrap it up:

• CRJ is loaded and the Avionics plugin active - no ground AI movement
  • CRJ is loaded and the Avionics plugin disabled - ground AI movement present
  • Any other default XP10 plane is loaded and the plugin active or disabled - ground AI movement present

I know that ATC is work in progress, but I still enjoy it when flying planes other than the CRJ. I hope there is a workaround for me here.

I am currently using X-Plane 10.05r1 and CRJ-200 1.4.5 under Windows 7x64

Forum Up-down-up-down, Trying to post!!

ok do me a favor and try out the following:...

- Get a brand new installation of X-Plane 10.5r1(can be also the Demo)

- install the CRJ 200 1.4.5

- start X-Plane

- after you see the inside of the default B747, wait for 10-15 seconds

- bring up the location map and chek out to see if the planes that were on the ground together with you have moved. There should be a small purple line showing the path they have travelled since start. It should be visible.

- now load the CRJ and then quit X-Plane so it would be loaded the next time we start the sim

- start X-Plane and wait for 10-15 seconds-

All Done!!!

I do not know what you will see, but I do not see any planes on the ground moving, only those that are in the air have a purple line aded to them.

NO CRJ related problems seen on my Windows 7 (64 bit), XP10.05r1 installation!! :) :) :)

Only thing seen and expected was XP10's "daft" ATC after a random period of time getting into "grid lock", one AI aircraft got as far as half turning onto the active 16L at KSEA then stopped for no apparent reason (on DEV console all the other AI aircraft on the ground taxied and lined up behind the "stuck aircraft" and just sat there, and sat there (DEV console said each couldn't take to the active because of the AI aircraft ahead of it). After 10mins I went to map view and manually got hold of the "stuck" AI and ajusted Alt to 5000ft IAS to 350kts, then suddenly XP10 finally relised there was not AI blocking the active and the rest of the aircraft on the ground started moving again.

This well documented "feature" of XP10 happens no matter which aircraft you fly, Default 747 or CRJ-200, unfortunately for testing, it appears at a random time after XP start.

What I noticed is....... if I try to reenable the plugin again X-Plane crashes.
Not supprised, JRoolon's CRJ-200 in a very complex aircraft, and it's plug-in is not intended to be enabled/disenabled while the sim is running.
So to wrap it up:
  • CRJ is loaded and the Avionics plugin active - no ground AI movement
  • CRJ is loaded and the Avionics plugin disabled - ground AI movement present

Any other default XP10 plane is loaded
and the plugin active or disabled - ground AI movement present

No CRJ problem on my machine. :) :) Only the normal XP10 ATC!! :(
I know that ATC is work in progress, but I still enjoy it when flying planes other than the CRJ. I hope there is a workaround for me here.

Try deleating your "XP preferences", try flying at different airports, hope LR sort out ATC in Ver 10.10!! :rolleyes:

cessna729.

i tried everything on a newly installed xp10 demo with clean preferences and a freshly installed crj.
One thing that caused "Grid Lock" of AI traffic on the ground in the past was light and variable winds, as XP10 would keep switching the active runway and so would impose a "HOLD" on taxi clearences, untill it had re-routed all the AI aicraft on approach to the new runway and tried to re-route aircraft on the ground to taxi to the new active. Problem was, the winds being "light and variable", XP10 would suddenly decided the wind had changed direction and would start re-routing all the AI aircraft again, hense "Grid Lock".

Try picking a different airport, and manually set the wind to 10kts down the centerline, and see if the problem improves.

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729

Well in my case it is pretty much the Avionics plugin of the CRJ that causes the planes to stop moving. The second I disable it the planes rush to their assigned locations. In rare cases I see planes moving very, and I mean very very slowly, more like snails when the plugin is running.

No problem here - I assure you that the Avionics plugin doesn't write to any of the AI controls. However, I can imagine one of X-Plane's idiosyncrasis at play here: the flight control override we activate when there is no hyd pressure, perhaps that gets incorrectly propagated to the AI planes also. Can you test if the behavior you see is dependent on the CRJ being "up and running" i.e. with hyd pressure, opposed to the CRJ being cold&dark?

Philipp

Hi Phillip,

I can confirm that both with the plane in cold and dark and with everything up and running the AI planes do not move. If I load the defaul 777 they start moving, and the moment I load the CRJ everything on the ground freezes.

One more thing, the planes in the air move alright, but they land really weird, the nose poing almost vertically towards the ground and needless to say the land looks very very hard. Really funny behavior :)

• 1 year later...

Based on my problems with ATC Ai Planes, the plug in with the more advanced aircraft is the problem. I observed the same AI plane behaviour with the CRJ200 but also with the A320NEO. Disable the plugin and away go the AI planes.

I decided not to dig further into the issue because the sadly underdeveloped XP10 ATC does not deserve it...

• 1 year later...