A small airfield - guess which :)

ksgy

As a side project next to the Let L-410, I've started a little scenery project.

Hint: leechmountain

12.jpg

22.jpg

Nevermind the runway and taxiways, i'm at the beginning of work, but I will not give the quality below ORBX ;)

(And of course, will be freeware)

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So nice and sharp.. after looking at it though I can see its maxed out X10's potential.  Its such a shame there really is no real way to fill in trees nicely.  It always looks like crap if you put the trees on top of a tree when you look at it from certain angles.  It just doesn't fill right.  They need a tree "facade" feature maybe to make thick brush.

So nice and sharp.. after looking at it though I can see its maxed out X10's potential.  Its such a shame there really is no real way to fill in trees nicely.  It always looks like crap if you put the trees on top of a tree when you look at it from certain angles.  It just doesn't fill right.  They need a tree "facade" feature maybe to make thick brush.

Yea, that disturbs me too, so I'll just darken and/or remove most of the trees from the ortophoto layer later.

I as thinking maybe to add a LOT of trees near the airport area to help how it looks.  No trees does not look good.  But as you get higher the less trees you need around the airport.  It is just the low altitude areas.  Problem is when you view it at an angle that is where it looks like crap.  So it just needs some sort of low level models for a thick bush.  I know trees take up processing time so you want to make them simple models.  But if we could make some sort of thicker bush that is half the height of the big trees to fill in the bottoms like a "skirt" it would give the impression of undergrowth.  Maybe make it with a roof as well. 

In v10 the autogen trees has a horizontal layer too, it solves that problem.

I meant that the ortophoto layer has trees on it too, so it looks little weird that you have a 3D tree on a 2D tree. If I delete all the trees in ortophoto layers and put some shadow as replacement, it should look ok.

• 2 weeks later...