Cessna Citation and other things.

Goran_M

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to this. I flew a Citation II about 15 years ago and enjoyed it. We also had a V and a CJ...then switched to my current job and have been flying a V and Ultra for the past 15 years.. The straight wing Citations are great aircraft..easy to fly, reliable, and just really good workhorses.

Hope to see my current livery made at some point..

97243_1177879256.jpg

BeachAV8R

• Upvote 3

Looking forward to this. I flew a Citation II about 15 years ago and enjoyed it. We also had a V and a CJ...then switched to my current job and have been flying a V and Ultra for the past 15 years.. The straight wing Citations are great aircraft..easy to fly, reliable, and just really good workhorses.

Hope to see my current livery made at some point..

%7Boption%7D

BeachAV8R

KPDK!

Do you operate from Atlanta?

Hey Beach! Welcome to the forums (assuming you're the same BeachAV8R from SimHQ .. and welome anyway even if you aren't :))

Yep..that's me..thanks for the welcome..!

KPDK! Do you operate from Atlanta?

We get over to PDK quite frequently (love The Downwind restaurant!) but we are based over in Charlotte (KCLT). Our fleet consists of a Citation V, Ultra, and two King Air B200s. One of our King Airs is coming back from the shop next week with the G1000 upgrade..that should be pretty sweet..

My experience in the Citation II was flying for a textile company for a couple of years back in 1997-1998. The tail number was N758S. Great flying, honest airplane and I used to love flying with that huge ball type ADI. Made me feel like I was flying a Space Shuttle or something.. <g> Looking forward to flying the Citation in X-Plane..

Regards..

BeachAV8R

• Upvote 1

Very nice shots! How fast can this plane fly?

The pictures are of our Citation Ultra - which has a normal cruise speed of about 420 knots or Mach .72.. Yes, the Lear's and Gulfstream's laugh at us for being so slow..

Great Shots Beach,and Welcome,Always enjoyed your honest FlightSim reviews and Excellent DCS Black Shark tutorials.

Cheers!! :)  

Thanks..it is a hobby and semi-profession (writing) that I enjoy.

Thanks for the warm welcome..

BeachAV8R

• Upvote 2

When I was with ATC we used to call it the slowtation. The only aircraft to have bird strikes from behind.

Yeah.. I have to admit I had to smile when the Citation X was able to lay claim to the fastest bizjet.. Someone might have passed it finally (Falcon 7X or one of the Gulfstreams?)..

When I was with ATC we used to call it the slowtation. The only aircraft to have bird strikes from behind.

:lol: ......That's funny!

This is the first that I've noticed that "Cutting Edge" is making a Citation II.  I love when I miss this kind of development, because by the time I see it, it's taking shape real nicely.  It is looking great and another XPX64 aircraft that I'll be keeping my eyes on for release.

• 2 weeks later...

hey goran, can I just ask you something? No this isn't a comment with negative implications, but I just want to know why flight simulation aircraft developers these days don't want to develop jets from the present?  It's always jets from the past?  Your citation ii looks amazing and i am sure it will be an amazing x plane aircraft, but why doesn't anybody want to develop a Citation Bravo, or what BeachAV8R is flying in his pictures which is the Ultra or the Citation Encore. I prefer the Encore.   Feel free to chime in BeachAV8R.  But seriously, I love the new citation jets like the Citation Bravo, the Encore and the Citation X, but no simulation aircraft developers want to make them.  It seems to me like its always a jet that was built in real life way back 20 years ago.  For example your citation ii which is going to be awesome, but it's the II and that was built like in the 90's and we are in the two thousand teens now.  By the way, I got a suggestion for Turbo props or even jet props.  The Beechcraft 1900D, for example, PMDG made a 1900D and a 1900C package for FS2004 and FSX.  That would be a good one.  Also the Embraer EMB-120!!  If you guys are really crazy down the road, you could make a EMBRAER package with the EMB-120, and the ERJ series like the 145 and the 135.  Someone should make a Bravo, Encore, and The New Citation X with winglets that now holds the fastest business jet record for speed.  But, plain, and simple, I just want to know, no hard feelings. 

Connor Hanson

Connor,

Your feelings appear to be motivated by what you want. Think about what you're saying, especially in your suggestions. For instance, the EMB-120 is 30 years old, and you want it so you suggest it, yet the Citation II is only roughly within 5 years of age of the EMB-120. The B1900 is even older than the EMB-120, and the technology within it is even less than that of the Citation you see being built here, yet you want that. That said, assuming from your suggestions that you are a turboprop fan, the Saab 340 currently in production should really suit your desires quite well.

We cannot speak for other developers. Everyone has their own choices and reasons, but you also have to remember we're in this market as a job and do so full time. This means we need to stay in business to continue to produce products. You'll note that the creations here by Goran and Co. do not just end at the Citation II, but as well as big of a jet as a 747. These products are produced in parallel, but the more advanced you get, the more time one takes to do it right, which means a lack of time without cash flow to fund these long standing products. The Saab, for instance, has been in production for over three years, and the CRJ-200 by JRollon just the same. These are not quick to assemble. There's no such thing as 90% ARF (look it up if you don't know what that means) in the X-Plane world.

We also take into account the demand in the market. We've now been at this long enough to know what sells and what does not. Some will sell more, some less, some the SAME for less work in terms of time spent. All of these factors are taken into consideration. 

It's not so much a matter of will, it's a matter of time, cash flow, and longevity as the creator. As a developer, you need all of these things to progress forward and create more down the line. 

Trust me, the Citation II will sell very well. In fact, right on par with your suggestions that will take much more time and effort to produce (and that's not to say they won't be produced). Just as you feel the EMB-120 and B1900 are still relevant in this day and age, so too is the Citation II, and that is why it is in development. Someday, sometime, someone will pick these projects up. X-Plane is growing, and so are we.

• Upvote 1

Connor,

I completely get the appetite for more "contemporary" aircraft. I come from the FS9/FSX universe (which for the record I don't miss one lick) and slowly and somewhat reluctantly transitioned into the X-Plane world and, happy to say, haven't looked back. The most significant turning point for me was understanding what it takes for these guys, Austin included, to bring all of these excellent products to us to use and enjoy. Time and resource heavy while dealing with other "real life" matters. But the critical mass is growing and great things are beginning to emerge... In the interim, while waiting for the aircraft variety you refer to, I have been flying the following...

In FSX I was a big PMDG 1900 series fan. Try JRollon's fantastic BAe Jetstream 32 (http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/jetstream-p-92.html), and to fill in the biz jet hole this Bomardier Challenger 300 (http://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4473/vmax-has-released-bombardier-challenger-300-for-x-plane/).

• Upvote 1

Indeed i have been waiting for a good citation that is not in FSX

And I think what better model to do then the Citation II. It's one of the most common Citations you'll see in the corporate world. They are cheap, great aircraft. Also quite a few are used in military operations such as the T-47A in the United States. I've seen plenty of medical Citation II's as well. I would rather have a Citation II over an X as the II opens up a larger range of airports I can land and take off from vs. the X needing longer runways. 

Cool, I guess I get what you guys are saying.  I guess i didn't even think about money, time, and real world matters.  I'd love to transition to X plane 10 from Flight simulator X, but i'm not so sure I should do that now just because of the fact that X plane 10 just happened and there isn't a lot of aircraft to choose from yet.  My favorite aircraft havn't even been produced yet for X plane 10 but X plane 10 looks so awesome and so much more real than FSX.  Here are my favorite airplanes and they are all corporate airplanes, but I just love flying them in FSX.  They consist of the Beechcraft 1900D by the way i have the PMDG version.  The Embraer EMB-120, the Embraer regional jet series the 135 and 145, the Citation Bravos, THe citation X, and the other jet that I love but hasn't been developed for any flight simulator is the bigger version of the Citation II and the Citation Bravos and that is the 560 Citation Ultra and Encore but I prefer the Encore over the Ultra.  THis citation II is close to the Bravo so its going to be awesome but I don't just want to go buy X plane 10 just for this, well I guess I do, but I don't.  I am also not much of a fan of the Saab 340 actually.  Just the EMB-120 and the Beechcraft 1900D.  I just hope that X plane 10 grows rapidly and i'm hoping to buy it with my favorite aircraft in the simulator down the road here.  THanks again guys for the responses and I had no clue on what you guys actually go through. thanks again

Connor Hanson

Cool, I guess I get what you guys are saying.  I guess i didn't even think about money, time, and real world matters.  I'd love to transition to X plane 10 from Flight simulator X, but i'm not so sure I should do that now just because of the fact that X plane 10 just happened and there isn't a lot of aircraft to choose from yet.  My favorite aircraft havn't even been produced yet for X plane 10 but X plane 10 looks so awesome and so much more real than FSX.  Here are my favorite airplanes and they are all corporate airplanes, but I just love flying them in FSX.  They consist of the Beechcraft 1900D by the way i have the PMDG version.  The Embraer EMB-120, the Embraer regional jet series the 135 and 145, the Citation Bravos, THe citation X, and the other jet that I love but hasn't been developed for any flight simulator is the bigger version of the Citation II and the Citation Bravos and that is the 560 Citation Ultra and Encore but I prefer the Encore over the Ultra.  THis citation II is close to the Bravo so its going to be awesome but I don't just want to go buy X plane 10 just for this, well I guess I do, but I don't.  I am also not much of a fan of the Saab 340 actually.  Just the EMB-120 and the Beechcraft 1900D.  I just hope that X plane 10 grows rapidly and i'm hoping to buy it with my favorite aircraft in the simulator down the road here.  THanks again guys for the responses and I had no clue on what you guys actually go through. thanks again

Connor Hanson

By "just happened" you mean almost 2 years right? Most v9 aircraft will work in v10. So you have over 2000 freeware aircraft to choose from, countless freeware sceneries. Most are better than payware, if you know where to look. Plus, on all the retail sites (X-Aviation, Aerosoft, Carenado...) You have hundreds of high quality paywares. And, there is a nice ERJ-145 (or 40 I don't know which...) LES has given hints of possibly doing a 1900D in the future. Anyways, you sure do have a demand for Citations...

• Upvote 1

Connor,

You of course have to transition in a timeframe that makes sense for you. Just know that it may be better than you imagine once the transition, learning curve etc.. is accomplished, not to mention there is some $ involved. I will spare this forum and thread the details of the upside(s) of X-Plane but know that, in my humble opinion, there is no comparision, and more aircraft than you may realize.

Just a reminder to check... JRollon's fantastic BAe Jetstream 32 (http://www.x-aviatio...tream-p-92.html), and to fill in the biz jet hole this Bomardier Challenger 300 (http://flyawaysimula...00-for-x-plane/). I flew Eaglesoft's Citation II and Citation X extensively in FSX as well as the 1900 from PMDG. These aircraft for X-Plane are far better in my opinion.

Cant wait for this Citation II as well as the Saab!

Good luck... See you when you arrive in X-Plane!

Thanks a bunch jackoat!!  I'm sure the time will come.  I do have a demand for citations I will admit.  Cessna has done a very fine job since they established themselves.  The Citation X is my favorite Aircraft, but I love the Bravos, II's, Ultra's, and Encores almost as much as the X don't get me wrong!  I just love Citations. I love the ERJ regional jets. Embraer does a good job.  I love Jet props too, but only the EMB-120, and the Beech 1900D.  I just hope someone picks up on these projects for X-plane very soon and then I will be able to transition to X-plane more easier!  I just havn't seen much for me to really want to make the jump yet!  Yeah the challenger 300 is a nice jet, but I am a Citation guy!  I also like Gulfstreams, and the erj series.  But I am hoping these aircraft are in x-plane soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I currently fly P3D 90% of the time, and FSX 10% of the time (only for the Citation Mustang) and fly both on Pilot Edge. I've been closely watching addon development for X-plane 10 and this Citation project just might push me over to X-plane 10. I'm impressed with your work and love the steam gauges.

Todd