[SOLVED] Screeching and Squawks from speakers...

JimC

Hi....

I was intrigued immensely by your new state of the art CRJ200, so I purchased it.

BIG mistake...Don't get me wrong, this aircraft is beautifully done. I had downloaded

the "tester" to make sure it would run on my computer and got a green background

(which, I suppose, is to represent that it WILL run.)

After install and bootup (in X-Plane 9), I get this horrible screeching and squawks

(almost as bad as adjusting a radio squelch knob, fingers on a challkboard type

of thing), which effectively renders it useless.

Any ideas what would be causing this? The only plug-in I have is Gizmo.

I'm beginning to think I should have gotten the Seneca, Corvallis or the

ERJ 140 (no offense).

Thanks for your time...

Jim

Okay, Cameron, here you go...

Thanks for taking the time...

Jim

One other thing: Is there supposed to be an "activation key" or something

similar associated with this package? I simply bypassed it. Could that have

something to do with my problem (if that's the case)?

Thanks again...

J

Log.txt

Edited by JimC

Hi, Jim,

Firstly, these forums are for X-Aviation customers of the CRJ. From what I can tell you did not purchase from our website with regards to this aircraft. That said, I'll assist in this instance:

The issue is that you are utilizing a version of the CRJ purchased from a venue other than X-Aviation, and which is a different plug-in in some areas to do with sound. The X-Aviation version works around this. What is happening is your CRJ is conflicting with Gizmo with regards to OpenAL sound. The screeching is then experienced from this clashing while the plug-ins fight for sound slots.

Considering your loyalty to X-Aviation in the past please contact me using the following form: http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=68

I'll be willing to work something out for you regarding this matter.

Japo32,

Thanks for the reply! SInce I didn't immediately see the activation key, I didn't

know how to activate the CRJ. I thought it would have been a separate email

and not put in with the download...my mistake!

Regarding the activation process, I will wait until I have things worked out

with Cameron regarding the screeching issue with the CRJ. I should have

purchased from X-Aviation in the first place, and would have, had I known that

there were changes that appear to have been made regarding the plug-in

sounds.

Jim

Philipp,

You and Cameron need to get on the same page! I have apologized to Cameron for the

mistake with the different forums, and your reply comes off as not only rude, but very UN-

customer friendly. I don't need the CRJ, as there are other very well done aircraft out there.

"It is confusing to other readers when we give advise here that doesn't apply to the aircraft they bought"

Why is this confusing? This DOES apply to the aircraft I bought, since it is your CRJ-200. Why are you

allowing other people to mess around with the plug-ins, when you have a specific set for the CRJ?

Shouldn't the aircraft be the same regardless of where I buy it from?

By the way, here is Cameron's quote to me, so you can draw your own conclusions:

"Considering your loyalty to X-Aviation in the past please contact

me using the following form: http://www.x-aviatio...?products_id=68

I'll be willing to work something out for you regarding this matter."

Jim

Edited by JimC

Hi, Jim,

I can see where your frustration is stemming from. I can assure you Philipp meant no harm. Sometimes the language barrier gets in the way and things don't always come off well over text. Philipp is a very "happy" guy in person, so I know his intent was nothing but good in his response to you. :)

"It is confusing to other readers when we give advise here that doesn't apply to the aircraft they bought"

Why is this confusing? This DOES apply to the aircraft I bought, since it is your CRJ-200. Why are you

allowing other people to mess around with the plug-ins, when you have a specific set for the CRJ?

Shouldn't the aircraft be the same regardless of where I buy it from?

I suppose this should have been better explained. X-Plane.org and X-Aviation don't run the same plug-ins. We DO run the same aircraft systems and core product, but the activation processes are slightly different and a couple of sounds on Windows are coded in a different way to better tailor to compatibility with ALL X-Aviation aircraft. This basically ensures that all XA customers have a smooth experience for anything they buy from us. So, in short, yes, the aircraft itself is the same, but some very minor subtle changes are there between the two store versions to accomodate for the sound slot issue and activation processes.

Cameron,

Thanks for the reply. I messed around with both forums (here, and the other one) and

found out what the issue was, and simply removed Gizmo. Works fine, now.

My apologies for any misunderstanding. Any further X-Aviation aircraft, I will make sure

I get them from X-Aviation exclusively. Thanks for your support and help.

(What's the deal with Gizmo still not taking care of this issue? Pretty slow "support"

if you ask me.)

Jim

Cameron,

Thanks for the reply. I messed around with both forums (here, and the other one) and

found out what the issue was, and simply removed Gizmo. Works fine, now.

Just remember to put it back if you wish to fly X-Aviation products. :)

(What's the deal with Gizmo still not taking care of this issue? Pretty slow "support"

if you ask me.)

It has nothing to do with slow support at all. This issue extends beyond anything "simple." An active topic about this with explanations can be found here: