Look what I found ;)

zoltron_rulez

All,

I am not sure how many of you stumbled across this gem, but when I was checking on this:

http://www.bistudio....-arma-3-in-2012

I found this: http://takeonthegame.com/

Now I am wondering, if any of you seen this game (sim) or better yet tried it?

The game in question is: Take on Helicopters. There's a free demo that I will be trying today!

If you have played it and you are a heli pilot can you write a brief opinion if this is just a game or a sim and how good the sim for helis is.

Looks like it uses Simul weather engine.

-lk

P.S: Looks like the flight model is between arcade and sim.

Edited by zoltron_rulez

OK, I have tried the demo and here is my experience:

- Sick weather environment (it uses Simul Engine) with amazing FPS (I created a scenario in the editor with heavy cloud cover went up through cloud cover and was getting 60 FPS with some awesome terbulence,- the clouds seem not to affect the FPS,- not to mention the amazing looking clouds, sun rays breaking through the clouds, etc)

- Really good flight model, difficulty level must be set on 'expert',- it really feals like it is a sim but I am not chopper pilot; Comparing this game to X-Plane's heli flight model it was really close. I am not sure about the Hind heli because I only played demo but the 2 helis I tried have really good flight model

- Terrain was not that great but I was playing the demo and it said that in demo they give you low res textures, etc,- and I was kind of comparing the terrain to Arma 2 which I have which obviously is not right because it was not done that way,- can't wait for Arma 3.

- Night textures just sucked, I am used too much looking at X-Plane at night or Arma 2, this was not very well done

- As for the price $60, it is high for just 2 regions but the fact that it gives you amazing weather environment and great flight model (plus an editor where you can design/script your own scenario) I am tempted to buy it, - I will wait a bit to see of any special deals on steam

Edited by zoltron_rulez