ADF Plug-In Download

tkyler

OK...it's done.  Attached is a zip file with plugins for all 3 platforms (link just above the image).  There's instructions with the download...these plugins go into the resources folder and NOT the aircraft folder.

You must be logged in to see the image and download the plug-in in this post. If you do not have an account here, please create one now by going to: http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?action=register

Info regarding the plug-in:

This plugin is a workaround for owners of xscenery's MU2 to allow them to utilize their Automatic Direction Finder (ADF). The plugin does NOT install in the MU2 folder, but rather installs in the "resources > plugins" folder as shown below in Figure 1. You only need to copy over the appropriate plugin for your operating system. You do NOT need all three plugins. Refer to the filename for the correct plugin for your operating system. Once the plugin has been copied over, it is ready for use and after launching xplane, you can access the dialog box through the plugins menu (Figure 2.) Note that there will be TWO menu items relating to the MU2. I would have liked to put all MU2 related menu chioces in one menu, but it's more trouble than it's worth at this time. Just click the "xscenery MU2" menu item and the rest will be obvious. Simply click the checkboxes to change ADFs 1 & 2 from "on" to "antenna". The plugin does NOT turn off the ADF, but allows the needles to "park" whenever the checkbox is unchecked. Turning the ADF to "off" leaves the needles where they are and can be confusing. To change the frequency, just type in the frequency..you can only use 3 digits...and hit the "SET FREQs" button and you're good to go.

Download Link Appears Below When You Log-In To Forum!

xsMU2_ADF_plugin.zip

post-4-131369573535_thumb.jpg

Because it's not that simple, Jason. This is not your standard, regular acf model that you can just go into PlaneMaker with.

If you want to read up and understand why, please see the following post (#10):

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=371.msg2370#msg2370

as well as further discussion here:

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=390.0

One day this aircraft will have an integrated ADF. For now, we thought we would be nice to people who love the aircraft but have no means of ADF and release a plug-in like the above here. The other alternative was to make everyone wait months until we have the re-do finished. Would you have preferred that instead?

for your own edification Jason, the reason it's not in the panel is because to put it there, I have to adjust the cockpit texture, do a bit more 3D and reexport the cockpit object.  Exporting the cockpit object means 2-3 hours minimum of hand editing and calibration because no export scripts support manipulators.  Since I'm going to redo the cockpit with "up to date" technology, it's better in my opinion, to wait until it can all be done correctly. 

Rogue...just watched...talk about deja vue.  I've done several approaches/landings in the Moo and dang if that isn't almost exactly what its like to bring that bird in, lots of yoke movement and wiggling once the plane gets on the ground.  There were times the Mu-2 would get squirrly on landing and you just knew the tires were going to pop from the side loads...but they never did.  that was fun to watch...brought back memories.  Darn shame the cargo route out of san antonio got cancelled or I'd still be scooting around in that thing.

• 6 months later...