Thanks and a small word...

Both Theo and myself would like to thank you all for the positive feedback during this project.

I can tell you it's had a lot of highs and a few lows, but it was all well worth it. We're definitely VERY happy with how this aircraft turned out in every aspect of its development and we look forward to seeing you all enjoy flying it as much as we have enjoyed creating it.

If you have any questions regarding its performance or the aircraft in general, please don't hesitate to ask in this support section.

All the best and see you in our next projects forums!

Goran and Theo

Leading Edge Sim

Cool video, Carlos!

A little History of the DC-3 Use in my country...

The Airport, well if you can call "that" and airport is called Araracuara, SKAC a 4000' dirt strip in the Amazon basin approximately 200nm away from the nearest paved runway. There are no services at SKAC, so the fuel you bring with you is what you fly out with.

The only NavAid in the area is on the site: NDB:ARA (365KHz).

The least dangerous approach into SKAC is from the west (via rwy 10), the threshold of which is at the edge of a 200ft ravine.

The threshold itself is level, but most of the rest of the runway is up-hill, causing an illusion on approach that you are too high. The end levels off, and if you've got too much speed you'll discover the steep drop beyond. There is space at the end of the runway to turn around (to unload your payload and take-off via rwy 28).

Thousands of people in the region depend upon SKAC, which is frequented by heavy-duty 'bush' aircraft such as the ATR-42, Dash-8, and DC-3

Thanks for the "Fix" Mr Cameron.

Best Regards...

Carlos

First of all congrats for the release :)

I would like to ask a question: on the product page I read "This product includes versions for both X-Plane 9 ANd X-Plane 10". Is it only a question of compatibility or the version for XP-10 has some added features that use the new platform?

Thanks

D.

Is it only a question of compatibility or the version for XP-10 has some added features that use the new platform?

The aircraft comes with an installer that contains a version for X-Plane 9 or 10. Your selection is made within the installer.

The X-Plane 10 version utilizes some added features for the new platform and will continue to be expanded upon in time.

thanks for this great aircraft... visuals and flight-model are stunning!

i only have to report two small issues (xp9 version): when toggling the tail wheel lock by button, the virtual-cockpit lever stays in position (unlike the parking brake, which works fine when toggling)

and where are the doors? i'm trapped in my C-FLFR and have to fly forever :)

anyway, by far my favorite x-plane... it's definitely not an option to go back to a FSX dc-3 after flying this one!

cheers, jo

Edited by joga

The aircraft comes with an installer that contains a version for X-Plane 9 or 10. Your selection is made within the installer.

The X-Plane 10 version utilizes some added features for the new platform and will continue to be expanded upon in time.

Thanks for the info Cameron.

D.

thanks for this great aircraft... visuals and flight-model are stunning!

i only have to report two small issues (xp9 version): when toggling the tail wheel lock by button, the virtual-cockpit lever stays in position (unlike the parking brake, which works fine when toggling)

and where are the doors? i'm trapped in my C-FLFR and have to fly forever :)

anyway, by far my favorite x-plane... it's definitely not an option to go back to a FSX dc-3 after flying this one!

cheers, jo

Hi Jo

It was originally a free-castoring tail dragger, but as it is a very hard aircraft to taxi using just toe brakes and engine thrust, we decided to make it a steerable aircraft at practically the last minute. This is what is most likely affecting the tail wheel lock control. I will, however, depending on customer response, add an updated acf file that allows people to taxi the aircraft like a tail dragger.

We'll see what response is like.

The door is located right behind the cockpit on the left side of the aircraft, right before the bathroom. There is a clickspot on the handle.

EDIT: I have written up a set of instructions on making the tail wheel lock work properly by changing the flight model tail wheel to a free-castoring type.

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php/topic/3147-turning-the-dc-3-into-a-true-tail-dragger/

Edited by Goran_M

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Release a plane always is great news!!! Specially when Goran is the creator!! :) :)

Wow, thanks Javier. That means a lot!

Muchas Gracias, Amigo!

Very nice! Congrats on this amazing aircraft model. Thank you so much for your dedication and determination. The outcome will be worth it.

Cheers!

-NR

Thanks and you're welcome, NR!

A lot has been put into this. Much more than we originally anticipated!

We had to jump quite a few hurdles, but I'm ecstatic with how it turned out.

Edited by Goran_M

Hi Jo

It was originally a free-castoring tail dragger, but as it is a very hard aircraft to taxi using just toe brakes and engine thrust, we decided to make it a steerable aircraft at practically the last minute. This is what is most likely affecting the tail wheel lock control. I will, however, depending on customer response, add an updated acf file that allows people to taxi the aircraft like a tail dragger.

We'll see what response is like.

The door is located right behind the cockpit on the left side of the aircraft, right before the bathroom. There is a clickspot on the handle.

EDIT: I have written up a set of instructions on making the tail wheel lock work properly by changing the flight model tail wheel to a free-castoring type.

http://forums.x-pilo...e-tail-dragger/

thanks for the tail-dragger option, much appreciated!

one other small issue (maybe my misunderstanding?): even i refueled the plane to the max, the right fuel indicator (main) always shows "zero"... aux seems to work fine (same with xp 9.70/10.05b).

as for the doors, i meant there are no visible doors in external view (left side pilot/cargo-passenger doors) :)

besides these small issues, it's really a blast to fly... fantastic job on the flight model!

Thanks for the catch on the Fuel Gauge.

It has been fixed.

Expect a new download link in about 20 minutes. Either Cameron or myself will post again when the installer is updated.

Thanks again!

EDIT: Fixed and uploaded.

Please download the new installer in your account.

Edited by Goran_M