Some experimental XP10 scenery shots ...

alpilotx

Just wanted to show you a set of screenshots from my latest experiments with the Scenery.

Essentially, you can see three things here:

- increased mesh resolution (and thus, increased landclass accuracy). This makes mountains (but many other places too) even better. Only drawback is, that DSFs are much larger, and 32bit X-Plane chokes on them sometimes (but the 64bit version should "fix" this one day).

- tuned forests a little bit (little bit smaller trees, and increased density).

- my new, experimental add-on of tree-lines (trees along roads) + farms in USA and Europe (all derived from OpenStreetmap data with a few "little" algorithms).

http://picasaweb.google.com/101666907909842492197/XPlane10SceneryExperiments

• Upvote 3

As mentioned elsewhere.. these images are absolutely stunning, Andras.

I think this is precisely the "Plausible world" that most XP10 users are looking for.

I'm beside myself how beautifully done these are - The farm houses, the tree lines, and the dense but localized forests. Brilliant.

- CK.

Many times, great improvements can be made by simply re-arranging what you already have.

Real Estate agents are masters of this..... and Global Scenery generators might be no different. =)

it's all a matter of intelligently using (and placing) things in a new or novel way. Most of the best inventions are like this too.

I think this is a serious "Win" for XP10 if you can pull that off Globally!

- CK.

Edited by chris k

I have never had Xplane crash to desktop I would think that windows would be managing the Ram with pagefile to unload currently unnecesary DATA I can see where having not enough Video ram could be a problem but its been along time since I have had less than 1gig and My next card will probably have 2gigs of videoram

OOOps just realized you have a mac :rolleyes:

Edited by larjeet