Liveries of the CRJ-200

Japo32

What Liveries do you want to be seen on the final Release of the CRJ-200?  

375 members have voted

1. 1. What Liveries do you want to be seen on the final Release of the CRJ-200?

• Brit Air (France)
    • Air Canada Jazz (Canada)
    • Cimber Air (Denmark)
    • Lufthansa (Germany)
    • Air One (Italy)
    • J-AIR (Japan)
    • MexicanaLink (Mexico)
    • AirVolga (Russia)
    • British Airways (UK)
    • United (USA)
    • Delta (USA)
    • Belavia (Belarus)
    • Continental Express (USA)
    • Air Dolomiti (Italy)
    • Northwest Airlink (USA)
    • Malev Express

Hmm. 40 Dollars seems a bit steep.

If price were a true function of price, then it would work... A really quality plane for a big price. But, you must realize, in the real world there is a ceiling to the price... after a certain point, the price becomes too much, no matter how good the plane is. It's a great, great plane, but I can't see myself spending $40 dollars on this... that's considerably more than X-Plane itself.

Ok lets see prices of other planes. Not saying the CRJ will be better or worst. Just as you say.. very good planes cannot cost more than a price:

1. PMDG 747-400: $79.99

2. PMDG MD-11: $79.99

3. Ariane 737-900 ER: £79.98

4. Fly the Maddog: 60$

5. Level D 767: $54.95

6. Flight1 Cessna Mustang: $54.95

7. RealAir Duke: $44.95

8. Ultimate traffic (not plane): $44.95

9. PMDG BAe JetStream $44.95

10. Flight 1 ATR: $44.95

11. Super 80: $39.95

12. Flight1 Pilatus PC12: $34.95

13. Dornier Do-27: $36.95

and just in less than 10 minutes looking for. What is the different between this planes and maybe the CRJ-200 if everything goes well? Just they are for FSX or FS9. X-Plane comunity is a great comunity that has been feed of free addoms for a long time. That is good!!! of course!!! but if x-plane wants to see planes like all in this list, then not only one person but a group of people will have to work for months or years on those addons. And that cost money.

I am not saying that the CRJ-200 will be better or worst than these planes. That is something future and people will say, but believe me I am putting all my effort and Anton, and Cameron also to make that possible. And trully I believe that 40$ that is 26€ (a Dinner on a normal restaurant or a local not too much famous on world music group concert here in Spain) worth of course the price if everything goes as well as the product is right now.

X-Plane is much more cheap. Now almost 30$. That is right.. but because count the number of buyers has buy x-plane. If I would put CRJ for 30$ also I think the earnings of X-plane product would be much much more far than the CRJ. Just because there are lots of x-plane fans that don't like fly airliners.

Anyway.. Don't we say all X-plane is better than Microsoft flight simulador? So then... Why we pay less for it? I paid more than 70$ for x-plane 8 on box here time ago. This 9 version was for almost 40$. But I would pay even more for 10 if it gives the same amount of joy as the precessors.

But I would pay more for x-plane.. just because I want those artists and programmers behind the product to continue working on that. Believe me.. On CRJ-200 it has been more of a year development. I don't have any other work. If I don't receive the money for living. The money I didn't receive for all those months without 'working' on a normal company... just because I have a dream.. then... I would split all and forget about this really nice adventure.

Well no more to say.. It is 4:40 am here.. on Saturday.. and just finished a looooong 14 hours working for JRollon Planes dream.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scales of economy folks, the more products sold the narrower the profit margin can be compared to costs invested in the project.  More products sold at smaller margins still equals recouping initial investment.  But in a super-narrow niche market such as airplane addons, well, costs just to recoup are higher.

I think the X-Plane market has not seen products equivalent to what you get when you purchase a PMDG product.  If you do your job right, Javier, I think people will understand better the costs involved.

Can't wait to see that custom FMC in action!

I think it's normal price. Not high/not low.. just normal. I saw screens, video. I hope that FMS for this airplane will be not universal but for CRJ only (like original CRJ FMS). It's perfect acft for Xplane.

The FMS will be that like you see for the real CRJ. It is NOT a universal FMC, but one specifically designed after the real CRJ-200's in the skies today.

@ cameron ;  I saw XPFW do something in their boeing VC for the 757 where

it was modeled after the actual FMC of the ship-- EXCEPT  it was 100 percent NOT

programmed to work.

can you assure me that if I spend my VERY hard earned $'s that you are

giving me a fms that i will be able to program routes and load saved FMS plans? 

I'll be happy to use the default x-plane FMS because it works. so are you saying that you guys have

a diffrent FMS that is functional and not for looks?

can you assure me that if I spend my VERY hard earned $'s that you are

giving me a fms that i will be able to program routes and load saved FMS plans?  

I'll be happy to use the default x-plane FMS because it works. so are you saying that you guys have

a diffrent FMS that is functional and not for looks?

It would be pointless to simulate an aircraft like we are and not simulate one of the most essential components of it (FMS).

So, to answer your questions, yes, I can assure you that the FMS will do most everything the real one does. This also means we have a different FMS than X-Plane uses, and it is functional and NOT for looks. As long as you're willing to read a manual or understand the CRJ systems already, you should have no issues programming in routes.

I have something to say about all of this. I have a sentence I like so much. Is a spanish translation into English of a sentence to define that we are not sure of future, and we know present only. is:

Paso a paso

that in English is:

Step by Step.

What I mean is that I know what I have NOW. Not tomorrow. Of course I plan for tomorrow. What the plane should have, or what not, work not only with Anton and Cameron in this Plane but more to come; and I pretend to have that real FMS with also functions not included on real FMS like for example connect external power to the plane.

But the plane is still not FINISHED... and next step is finish it. When we finish it IF (that I believe we will) and WHEN we finish it.. then I will be able to give a better answer to what is the price.. etc.. etc.

Man... I don't know if you believe this or not. I not only do this for money. I do it because I believe and like it. Since I had on my hands when I was a child, a little scale of a Zero I knew the Japanese stuff would like me, and one day I would Pilot a real plane. Both things are a true now.

Step by Step.

thats cool.

I know only 2 things for sure.

1. FMS systems for an aircraft like the CRJ-200 would likely be enormously difficult to program and have it work as in reality. by that I mean I would not know where to begin.  ;)

2. flight in such a aircraft without a functional FMS would be completely unrealistic because 90+ % of the time these jets fly IFR

flight plans regardless of weather.

paso a paso , is right man. después de todo su trabajo, yo quiero ser el burro estúpido que Askes demasiadas preguntas

I don't want to be the donkey who asked too many questions.

$40 is well within a price range I am looking at.

Let's say you buy two planes of alright quality for 19.99 each. So you get some good flight dynamics and default instruments. You feel like your in a 2002 simulator!

So why not buy one plane more than 5x the size of the little planes, with mind-blowing programming, animation, and flight dynamics, that actually makes you feel like your in the plane!?

Listen, I wasn't trying to slander anyone's work. There's no doubt in my mind this will be one of the greatest X-Plane simulations to date, and I was not aware of PMDG's prices. I apologize, perhaps my budget is smaller than you guys. I'll probably end up buying it anyway... realism is my sore spot ;)

Listen, I wasn't trying to slander anyone's work. There's no doubt in my mind this will be one of the greatest X-Plane simulations to date, and I was not aware of PMDG's prices. I apologize, perhaps my budget is smaller than you guys. I'll probably end up buying it anyway... realism is my sore spot ;)

I think you can speak about some discount personally with Japo32 and ask CRJ command to give it to you. But it's private talk only... I don't think that this guys will lost a lot of moneys if they will give some discount for you personally. But everybody should remember how much time was spended by this team to create so beatiful (I believe so) model.

I think you can speak about some discount personally with Japo32 and ask CRJ command to give it to you. But it's private talk only... I don't think that this guys will lost a lot of moneys if they will give some discount for you personally. But everybody should remember how much time was spended by this team to create so beatiful (I believe so) model.

Unfortunately, we can not do this. It's not fair to everyone else, and if we can do it for one, we need to be able to do it for all.

well for the votes have had already, the five liveries would be:

Delta, AirCanada, Lufthansa, British Airways and Belarus. I know United is ahead from Belarus, but I will only make one livery per country. I have plans for making maybe more on the future, but the inicial release will be 5. So If you want to change this then it is good to vote.

What I don't understand (not giving favoritism of course) is why the French and Italian people don't vote. They have a big comunity out there. Maybe is because they don't know about this plane. Would be complains later not to include both liveries? don't know.. but I would like to see here more french and Italian people.  ;)

well for the votes have had already, the five liveries would be:

Delta, AirCanada, Lufthansa, British Airways and Belarus. I know United is ahead from Belarus, but I will only make one livery per country. I have plans for making maybe more on the future, but the inicial release will be 5. So If you want to change this then it is good to vote.

What I don't understand (not giving favoritism of course) is why the French and Italian people don't vote. They have a big comunity out there. Maybe is because they don't know about this plane. Would be complains later not to include both liveries? don't know.. but I would like to see here more french and Italian people.   ;)

The most important - airplane model and systems (panel) ;) Liveries can be created by themself is mesessary I think

Let's not forget that Jazz has 3 livery colors: green, red, orange. Let's hope these 3 count as one of the 5! (If not, I vote for green...)

Here's a red one that got accidentally pushed back in the mud recently in Quebec City:

http://picasaweb.google.com/toule911/UnCRJDansLeFosse102009#

Also, I think this plane deserves a corporate livery, for these 3 reasons:

1. The CRJ is an evolution of a corporate jet, the Challenger.

2. Bombardier still sells CRJ 200's as corporate jets under the name Challenger 850:

http://www2.bombardier.com/en/3_0/3_2/3_2_2/3_2_2_3_1.jsp

3. Many CRJ 200's are being bought used and turned into corporate jets. For instance, by these firms:

http://www.flyingcolourscorp.com/

http://www.jetcorp.com/executive_conversions.html

Great deal if you ask me. For 20 million dollars, you are getting a jet as big as a 65 million dollar Global Express...

Here's my private CRJ:

capturedcran20091001205.jpg

Paul,

Jazz actually has four colours, Red, Yellow, Orange, and Green.

If Javier were to create a corporate livery, it would be just that, a livery. I highly doubt Javier would go so far out of his way as to add a completely remodelled corporate interior.

Remember, this plane is a CRJ-200. The definition of it: The Bombardier CRJ100 and CRJ200 are a family of regional airliners manufactured by Bombardier.

Notice it says Airliner. So when Javier makes the 200, he intends it to be a regional airliner. If he wants to make the corporate edition, he will say he is making the challenger 850.

Here's the definition of the  Challenger 850: The Bombardier Challenger 800 is one of the largest business aircraft offered by Bombardier Aerospace.