PMDG is coming!

Warmbrak

I just found a post made by PMDG on another forum, here is the snippet by Robert Randazzo, PMDG developer:

PMDG Development for XPlane:

=========================

As I mentioned in a previous post, we see PMDG developing on multiple platforms in the future. There are a number of business arguments for why this is a good idea- and it has been part of our long term strategic plan for about the past 18 months. As we transition between the NGX and the 777, we have decided that now is a good time to begin the process of developing our first project for the XPlane series.

I have seen/read a bunch of hyperbole on this topic of late- so I wanted to make very clear that yes, PMDG is going to develop a product for Xplane10. It is going to be a conversion of either the BAe JS4100, the NGX or the [secret project: censored].

We are in the process of evaluating which of these projects will be the conversion project- and while we respect that many folks will have opinions on this topic- I want to make clear that our criteria for this selection has everything to do with easing our own learning process, and allowing us to experiment with the new platform, and unit sales/customer desires are secondary and probably tertiary...

We have a fellow who has just joined the team who will be heading up this process for us. We will not be making any announcements about which project gets selected- just in case we change our mind and find it necessary to change direction once the conversion process has begun.

Once we know for certain that the conversion project is going to make it to completion- we'll let you know which airplane will be first to depart in the XPlane product line!

Personally I am quite excited about this process- as I find that Xplane has some features that absolutely tickle the developer in me. From a marketing perspective- Xplane gives me some concern- as any "healthy" platform for PMDG needs to have lots of scenery and airport designers at work- as well as "competing" designers because in order for PMDG to thrive in a marketplace- the marketplace itself needs to be thriving.

• Upvote 1

Lets face it you cant keep making addons for a product that has been dead for a couple of years I have been waiting for certain updates and it seems like they are never going to come . I guess what the die hard fsx and fs9 fans are worried about is that once the top end companies make the jump the majority will follow and msfs will fade away.

Exciting news! Some of the MS guys over at Avsim sound pretty disappointed! ;)

To be fair, I was surprised to see quite a lot of support in that forum for PMDG's development for x-plane 10 from posters that I have never seen before. This announcement today is going to go a long way for the x-plane series. I think that XPX has made a deep impact over the last couple of months and it's just in it's infancy.

Rhydian

I think that XPX has made a deep impact over the last couple of months and it's just in it's infancy.

I whole-heartedly agree Rhydian. X-Plane 10 is just getting started and with some of the projects on the table, other simmers will see soon. I can't blame them for waiting...they want proof and that's OK, it's coming.

was only a matter of time before the other developers saw the light! :)

I used to have the old PMDG B1900c....was a great wee plane, and the textures for advanced for the time as well.

Whatever they bring to us Im sure the boys here will support them fully :)

PMDG have no worries about not making here....

Slainte,

andy

NZCH

I whole-heartedly agree Rhydian. X-Plane 10 is just getting started and with some of the projects on the table, other simmers will see soon. I can't blame them for waiting...they want proof and that's OK, it's coming.

Thanks for the reply Tom. It is really refreshing to read the avsim forum to see how many closet x-planers have come out of the woodwork in full support of XPX with a PMDG partnership. Very exciting times ahead regardless of their cooperation to be honest and it must make you proud to be a part of it! Incredible how different the sim feels already at beta 10.04.

Thanks

Rhydian