Official In-Sim Previews - February, 2nd, 2012

Cameron

how much of a procedural sim will this be?

looking really really good!

It'll have most procedures simulated. Although it's only a DC-3 so there are not many systems needing plug ins. But yes, we did add code to enhance the flight model and drive a few systems.

Will there be pilots in the final release?

Yes.

Bloody beautiful!

I have to ask have you considered what liveries will be released initially, obviously Duggy, and second, which model of the Sperry autopilot are you modelling for this aircraft? I've been doing some reading on the Sperry C1, which was used in the B-25, and all I can say is that it must have been a real pain in the arse getting that working especially during combat missions...

We have a shortlist of liveries.

What Theo is working on so far, besides Duggy, is Icelandair, Buffalo Airways, Rosinenbomber and Swedair. They are pretty much done, but, with the exception of Duggy, we have to grunge them up a little. As they stand now, they are way too clean.

And yes, it is the C1 model of the Sperry. That has more code in it than anything else Theo coded.

Few more night lighting screen grabs...

We did the standard reflective glass at first, but both Theo and I agreed it doesn't work on an old DC-3. I gave Theo a suggestion but he came up with his own idea. We're getting there. A few more issues to sort out and refinements to...refine.

screenshot_15.png

screenshot_16.png

screenshot_17.png