XP 10 $50 cheaper than x-aviation and the org

whiskeyportal

This is a mistake in price and the release date is also wrong (will be April).

This product will also ONLY include US scenery, not global like we sell.

Just curious, but where did you find that info? Says on all order forms and in-store pick ups that it is available Jan.31st, and I can't find where it states that it is US scenery only.

*edit---- After calling over to Best Buy I can verify that it is only 2 discs, she couldn't tell me if it was US only, so it appears that it would only be US scenery. But the price and release date showing on the website are correct, according to Best Buy.

Edited by whiskeyportal

Just curious, but where did you find that info? Says on all order forms and in-store pick ups that it is available Jan.31st, and I can't find where it states that it is US scenery only.

I'm a distributor. I'm pretty well versed in what's going on with X-Plane thanks to X-Aviation's relationship with Laminar.

*edit---- After calling over to Best Buy I can verify that it is only 2 discs, she couldn't tell me if it was US only, so it appears that it would only be US scenery. But the price and release date showing on the website are correct, according to Best Buy.

Whomever you talked to is going off of faulty data in their database. It will NOT be that price, nor will it release that day.

Laminar has double verified this and is looking to correct the data. The Graphsim side is not supposed to be in production for a few more months, let alone at that price.

I have the Graphsim version of Xplane 9 and they are supposed to supply customer service for their product and you will be told that by Laminar if you try to get help from Laminar . My experience was that these people are not simmers and don't know much about their products . You get a special set of discs published by Graphsim a different color (yellow) and only the windows version. This is the first thing Laminer asks you if you call them "what color are your disks" If you say yellow they will refer you to Graphsim for ? technical support ? LOL. If you buy from X-aviation you get support from Laminar and also Cameron .

Edited by larjeet

OMG what a strange deal. Although I suppose if u are fully informed and never need another part of the world, it's not bad. Ha, next they'll offer just one state for $5.95!

Personally I think it's a bad move, watch out for hundreds of users asking or torrenting for copies of whole countries' sceneries- hopefully the drm stops that? If not, oh well, at least the addon devs will have a bigger market :-)