My son finally enjoys X-Plane, but its ony 6.70 on his computer

Jim Kallinen

He has been around X-Plane since he was 2 and I bought X-Plane 5.42 from Laminar Research back in Oct. 1999. Have them all since that time.

Bought him a Dell computer 4 years ago with an onboard video setup and have even bought upgraded PSU and video cards that would not work.

So after years of waiting, he is now 15, he asked if I could install earlier versions to test to see if they would work. 6.70 worked great and I have so

many back up CDs of planes and scenery, He will be busy forever. That is, until I can find a joystick for him. Might have to upgrade my own so he

can have my Cyborg Evo.

Did you ever consider one of those introductory flights that your local flight school might offer as a gift for him? Experiencing the real thing might get him even deeper into this...

Oh yes, have offered this to him many times in the past. Only type of aircraft he has ever been is a helicopter tour of the Black hills of SD. Every time I ask him if wants

to go up in a plane, he says he won`t go. I won`t push him. He is 15 now and will give it a try when he is good and ready. And yes, it can be really expensive. Had my own

PPL back in the 80`s and early 90`s. Let it lapse due to it was to expensive, needed to eat.