[CLOSED] CRJ 200 1.4.1 crash

mutestyles

Thank you for your attention!

The navadata are vasFMCnative 1201.

The sequence is:

- Pos init

- Introducing Apt ICAO

- set IRS position + switch IRS align selectors on pedestal

- Flight plan: dep+arr icao apt (Limc-Lirf) / exec / first way point in route (karpi) / exec / next page / via UQ705/ final waypoint in route (Xibil) / exec / dep/arr page / dep apt (limc) / rwy 35R / farak sid / karpi trans / exec/ arr apt / xibil star / cmp trans / ils16L.y at lirf / exec/

That's all, is it correct?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@bonfiki:

Your method of entry is perfectly valid.

I just tried your flightplan.

No problem at all with the navdata that we ship.

I see the picture you are seeing (all the lines going down infinitely) momentarily before the FMS recalculates the dependent waypoints. After less than half a second, they jump into position. Are you by any means programming in pause mode?

Can you try to post me the saved flightplan ?

Philipp

Dear Philip

I downloaded the last update. I try to load a flight plan from LFRB to LFML. I cannot enter the first waypoint and I have no sids in the FMS. Are you sure that the Sid Star files are the good one ? Where are now the sid star files ? I still have a JRollonPlanes folder in my xplane folder.

Daniel.

Removed all Plugins and still crashing when selecting a SID along with the FMS not coming off when Battery is OFF and the MFD/PD not coming on when APU GEN or AC Power is applied. Yes I know the correct procedures on applying power to the aircraft she worked fine before 1.4.1 At this time I only have the x plane required plug ins. still no luck.

Tristan.

Hi Philipp,

I downloaded the fms dat from Navigraph. In the VasFMC nativ folder, there are two folders, SID and STAR. These folders are not in the CRJAvionics/navdata folder oft he package downloaded from x-aviation. I put these SID and STAR folders in the navdata folder. But I don't have the SID anymore. May you tell us where are the SID and STAR folders now ?

Thank you,

Daniel.

Edited by danhenri

Hi Philipp,

I downloaded the fms dat from Navigraph. In the VasFMC nativ folder, there are two folders, SID and STAR. These folders are not in the CRJAvionics/navdata folder oft he package downloaded from x-aviation. I put these SID and STAR folders in the navdata folder. But I don't have the SID anymore. May you tell us where are the SID and STAR folders now ?

Thank you,

Daniel.

The navigraph data has changed. Until next database don't update. They will post the new cicle.

The new database is located in CRJ200/Plugins/CRJAvionics/navdata

The sids and stars will be in the folder called LevedD_proc inside that folder.

Please, be careful all to update from Navigraph with old databases.. it can make crash the plane. You have to wait to new database.

The one included (in the folder I explained 1 post before this one) is new compared with the 1.0 version of the CRJ. So you can use that for now.

Not quite understanding how the NavData causes the FMS to stay on when all power is off along with the MAP mode not displaying the legs only the PLAN mode? I have no plugins except the CRJ-200 (Gizmo) and X plane required plug ins.

Tristan

Tristan,

Perhaps you should read with a little more effort here. You have been going on all along in this topic about crashes with various selections in your FMS. The incorrect NavData can cause such crashes. Javier is in no way indicating this has anything to do with battery or map functionality.

To add to that...he specifically quoted a person other than you.

...along with the MAP mode not displaying the legs only the PLAN mode?

Tristan

This is precisely why we have manuals, Tristan....for our customers to read!

In specifics, page 18 of the CRJ flight tutorial (CRJ200_Tutorial_1.1.0.pdf). First bullet point.

Today morning I made some other tests and I'm convinced that tho problem depends by NavData.

In particular, by SIDs.

Infact, I tried to introducing the route, and then the STAR for LIRF (before SID for LIMC) and all was ok.

Introducing SID FARAK5P for LIMC I noticed some wrong waypoints, e.g. (INT) that were too far from the route.

The FMS shown me a distance from nearest waypoint -12354647474.

Deleting that waypoints and EXEC the FP, everythings came back correct.

Hi Philipp, maybe I can add to this.

Started XPX for flight from CYYZ - KBOS. As I start with engines running, reset the IRS's, Off - Nav. Went to POS INT page and entered CYYZ (2LK), copied LAT/LON (2LK) to SET POS (5RK). Went to the FPLN (6RK) page and entered this route "BULGE V252 WELTI J16 ALB GDM4" minus the STAR, so NO GDM4. Then I saved the route and hit the EXEC button (this might have been the other way around, hit EXEC, then save), route looks good on map, everything looks good so far. Checked weather, looks like a 6R departure. Go to DEP/ARR page and select runway 6R and I'm then offered some SIDS, I select the LEST7.06R as you can see in the screen shot, and as soon as I hit the 1LK button, XPX crashes, see the screen shot. There was no "lag" or time in between, it was immediate, click the 1LK button, XPX crashed.

Log.txtcrash_log.txt

post-7708-0-96675200-1327578304_thumb.jp

Glen

Edit: Here is my status page.

post-7708-0-43422700-1327579198_thumb.jp

Edited by Muskoka

This seems very similar to my problems too, aside from that my autopilot will not engage the loc/nav to capture and I am also getting these -2120349045892 errors in terms of distances between points. I also find the crash to desktop with no error message or discernible log generated. I have returned to 1.3.2 for the time being...

Phil

Glen, thanks for the screenshot, but it doesn't fit my theory.

So there. It's still possible we are looking at a plugin conflict. In the past side-effects of other plugins have caused all kinds of trouble. You would be the first where it affects SID loading though. But this is definitely worth a try, to temporarily move out other plugins and check if it has any effect. If it works, put back the plugins one-by-one and continue trying until you found the one that causes the error. Then please tell me which it was - so we can contact the author if necessary.

Philipp

Hi Philipp,

I removed the plugins I had, here's a screen shot from inside XPX, hope it looks correct. Tried again, exactly the same as before, XPX crashed.

post-7708-0-91317200-1327595145_thumb.jp

Glen

Edit: Looking closer, why do the numbers beside the plugins say "2,3,4", where's number 1?

Here's my plugin folder in XPX.

post-7708-0-89986900-1327595471_thumb.jp

Forgot,

crash_log.txtLog.txt

I just looked at the date and time on the crash_log, and it's the one from earlier. The log.txt is current, but the crash_log didn't update?

Edit again: Sorry guys, the date on that crash_log says the 24th? Now I'm confused. Log.txt says the 26th at 11:18AM, crash_log says the 24th at 7:02AM.

Edited by Muskoka