Project 3

Goran_M

We COULD show you screenshots, but exporting the aircraft into x plane and/or rendering some images would take time away from development.  When all animations are done and we do an export and test, then I'll see what I can do.  Believe me when I tell you, Theo and Reuben are working some crazy hours to get this one finished ASAP. 

Goran

Haha

I can believe you there. I once delayed a release by ten days because I wanted to render out a minute long animation for a promo video. Needless to say, my poor iMac G5 chugged along for 7 days straight, one frame at a time. Couple that with post production and then the time to set up the animation in the first place. Granted for stills, its easy enough if you have a light rig set up to push 'render' before going to bed :)

Looking forward to it.

Alex

We are about 2 days behind our original schedule.  There were some serious problems in Blender and the animating process (constant Crash to Desktop when selecting 2 layers in Blender).  But we got it sorted out via a backup and progress is moving forward once again. 

If not before Christmas, then definitely very soon after Christmas.

Please understand, we want this to be as complete as possible.  Releasing an add on that looks like it needs finishing is not what we want to do. 

Not to mention being with our families for Christmas day, and for some, Christmas Eve.  (My house will be full of extended family on the 24th)

What I can tell you for sure, is the externals (flaps, rudder, ailerons, etc...) are completely animated and working in the simulator.  Work continues now on the cockpit.  Theo, in his own words, is 80% finished texturing.  In the meantime, I'm getting a manual together along with a tutorial.  Although, I can't do much without a completed Saab as I have to make sure the manual and tutorial reflect what we have created.

In any case, release will be very soon.

Goran

With respect to the updates you give us.

It instills more patience upon those, your potential customers when you take time out of your busy schedules to post a quick update and occasionally post a pic when appropriate. In all my years of simming, SubLogics ATP and FS98 to the present I've discovered that developers who allow a open forum of communications as opposed to those who hide behind a product website tend to have a more loyal following and a following who is more forgiving when deadlines are missed and patience is asked for. 

I for one am slobbering to be my hands on those Hawkers and while have little interest in regional airliners will purchase this one simply to support you and the endeavors that are fond to me.

Although I'm sure I'll enjoy the fruits of your labor and the logging time in the Saab, my purchase is mostly symbolic and supportive in nature due to the quality and selection of what we have seen that you are currently developing and because of the way you communicate with us.

:)

Jacoba, your comments are very much appreciated!

It's posts like this that make me push myself harder than what I normally do, to bring the absolute highest quality product I am capable of making, to those who plan on buying it.

And if those that buy it are happy with what we do (not just Reuben, Theo and myself, but all of us who are under Camerons stable, including Cameron), then the late nights (or early mornings) are well worth it!

Thanks again!

Goran

Jacoba:

Thanks very much for your comments. The Hawker is being re textured and having custom displays and FMS and such so you may have to wait 2 months till release but you'll love it :).

As Goran said, posts like that us inspire work on our products until ridiculous hours ( did 15 hours straight on wednesday only stopping for water when my head started throbbing and my screen had burnt into my retina's  :D )

Screens of the Saab fully rendered with complete textures should be up for with in 4-5 days...

Cheers, Theo

As of this morning, work continues in the cockpit with 3d instrumentation being animated and textured. This is the office you'll be where you'll spending most of your time (that's if you can keep your eye's off the beautiful exterior...lol!), so it has to be done right and must be as accurate as possible. Of course, this takes time, but as Goran said, we're hoping not to be too far off target.

Reuben

Your welcome!

I'm just glad to see groups such as yours taking this hobby to the next level. maybe there should be a fund set up to supply you guys with coffee during those long days and nights!

:D

Proceeds from the Saab will go to a nice coffee machine and a hot meal at a steakhouse!

I'm eating so much chinese instant noodles, I'm starting to speak chinese.

Been a while since I posted something up.  Been a crazy week.

Work is continuing at a "constant" pace on the Saab.  I'm organizing the manual and a tutorial while Theo and Reuben are tying up the loose ends on their respective work load. 

I have seen a few screenshots of the textured panel and overhead and it looks incredible.  No screenshots yet as SOME colors are slightly off and Theo is going to "tweak" them.

Won't be too much longer!

Thanks for the comments, P-38.

I'll see what Theo can do about a Pen-Air.

Goran

Apologies for the delay in getting this aircraft out.  Unfortunately, we missed our target, only because we want it to look just right.  Performance-wise, it flies exactly as it should.  I've had a REX airlines Saab 340 pilot take the planemaker flight model on a few trips and he's very happy with how it handles.

The only things holding us up now are a few texture issues (which Theo cannot sort out until Saturday as he's out of town) and the complex animations involving things like the altitude/airspeed spinners on the main panel.  Everything else is fairly straightforward.

Again, many apologies for the delay as I know, judging from the emails I have been getting, many of you are waiting for this aircraft.

Very soon.

Goran

I'm probably not going to make a Saab 2000.

The reason for this is:

The Saab 2000 has an identical FMS and display screens as the CRJ-200.

So for 2 X-Aviation developers to make 2 completely different aircraft with identical FMS and displays makes it seem like "who copied who in this situation??".  I did ask Anton for a license for the CRJ FMS he is making for Javier, but he made me understand this way of thinking and after considerring all the options, I tend to agree with him.

In saying this, there is a payware Saab 2000 being developed by someone at x-plane.org.  He made an early flight model for me and he also showed me some early blender work and it looks very promising.  I told him the project was his and he feels as though he can tackle it.

The 340B WILL be made as soon as the A is released.  While I make those, the Hawker 4000 will be programmed and that will take about 2 months (hopefully), then the 747-200.  I have another project planned for after the 747-200.  I've told Theo about it and he doesn't want me to do it.  He said "No No No No No".  But I'm the boss so he can shut up.   :D  (I love you Theo.  You know that!)  He hates it because it's another big one.  AND a texturing nightmare.  (And no, it's not an A380)  :o

No word on that project just yet.  When I finish modelling the 747 and the upgrades to the Saab 340B, THEN I'll mention my next project.

Goran

Working like crazy.  4 of us are working on this Aircraft now (i'm actually working on the manual) to get it out as quickly as possible with little or no bugs.  There are a few things giving us problems that we are trying to sort out and they are proving very stubborn!

Once we sort out these issues, it will be ready for release.

Goran