Project 3

Goran_M

Actually I don't like glasscockpits in xplane that much. So I will be happy with the A-Version. Perhaps it's possible to give the plane a standard GPS? I quite like what Heinz D. does in his planes, that is to add the option to display a "pop-up" GPS or fly with the "standard six" (like in his Beech18).

Actually I don't like glasscockpits in xplane that much. So I will be happy with the A-Version. Perhaps it's possible to give the plane a standard GPS? I quite like what Heinz D. does in his planes, that is to add the option to display a "pop-up" GPS or fly with the "standard six" (like in his Beech18).

I'll see what I can do.

• 2 weeks later...

Another little update.

I finished the object model over the last weekend but it had too many polys.  I'm a sucker for detail.  What can I say.

Anyway, so far I've reduced the poly count from 260 000 down to about 160 000.  I only started working on the flight model last week and it's going slowly, but still progressing. 

I made the basic stuff so I can get it in the air in x plane.  Today, I got back to Blender modelling and I'm hoping to have it finished by this weekend.  2-3 weeks for texturing and another 10 days to 2 weeks for animating.  While Theo textures it, I'll finish up the flight model then get the animations and datarefs put in.  Then it'll be done and available. 

Goran

• 2 weeks later...

Modelling is finally FINISHED!

Everything fits, is scaled, attached, etc...

Not to mention some extra detail I threw in.

Tomorrow, it starts getting textured with Saab house colours.

yafaray20091123173545.th.png

yafaray20091123174530.th.png

yafaray20091123175232.th.png

(This took me a whole night to finish.  Went to sleep at 930am)

yafaray20091123173910.th.png

I'm hoping to have it out 1 week before Christmas at the latest. 

Goran

Texturing and animating is progressing very quickly.  Theo is working very hard on the texturing side and what I have seen so far (overhead panel) is looking quite exceptional.  The guy won't show me anything else until the whole plane is textured.  He has promised some renders of a textured Saab in the coming week or 2.

I can let it be known that Reuben Mowbray from XPFW is now working with me on this project and he's doing all the animations and also possibly adding some manipulators. 

It will be tight, but we all still agree that it will be done before Christmas.

Goran

Just to keep the progress going, the Saab is still being textured and animated.  The control surfaces have been animated and the aircraft has been tested in the sim.  All is working as it should.  The gear and propellor animation is next, then the cockpit.

Texturing is still being done but will hopefully be finished within the next 10 days.

Goran

Theo,

I'm hoping that after you are done with the New Zealand liveries you'll do Pacific Coastal. They actually fly the A variant, and it would be nice to fly when exploring Inside passage.

Ref Shots:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Pacific-Coastal-Airlines/Saab-Fairchild-SF-340A/1238765/M/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Pacific-Coastal-Airlines/Saab-Fairchild-SF-340A/1188191/M/