What datarefs are to animate yoke in 3d cockpit?!

danstefan

Hi X-Plane community

My name is Dan Stefan and i m new to X-Plane community ,and i want to get in more in aircraft development for X-Plane.

I'm currently building an aircraft and i want to create also the 3d cockpit version. I managed to model , texture and import it succesfully into X-Plane as cockpit_INN.obj and also managed to put all instruments in place using the PNG mapping with the help of AC3D.

But also i want in AC3D to animate some parts on my 3d cockpit like yoke and throttle lever. I would say i m familiar with how we animate with the help of AC3D and X-Plane plug in but it seems i can't find how do i search for each moving part the right DATAREFS to it (including the exterior aircraft example: landing gear doors).

For example : I want to know the dataref for yoke (how do i pitch, aileron on left, center and right) when i push [ key for example my yoke object to move on a side like a real yoke.

And throttle ,when i throttle down or up, my lever to animate like on a real cockpit.

So i need some datarefs for this 2 functions : yoke (up, down, left , right) and throttle lever (going up and down) and maybe break lever but looks almost impossible from side to find the right ones from this list: http://www.xsquawkbo...s/DataRefs.html.

Please i need some help, i would really appreciate this.

Thanks!

Hi danstefan,

for the yoke use

sim/joystick/yoke_roll_ratio where +1.0 full right; -1.0 full left; 0 center
sim/joystick/yoke_pitch_ratio where +1.0 full back; -1.0 full forward; 0 center

and for the throttle use

sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_thro  where 0 full back (idle); +1.0 full throttle

Keep in mind that the throttle dataref if a float array with 8 elements, so you have to specify which engine you want to use. Use index "0" if you only have one throttle/engine.

Pete

Edited by Pete