Bae Jetstream 31/32

Japo32

Ok... now the texturing of the main home livery is done..

Jetstream_12.jpg

Jetstream_13.jpg

Jetstream_14.jpg

Jetstream_15.jpg

Jetstream_16.jpg

Jetstream_17.jpg

Jetstream_18.jpg

No appologies for quoting the whole post!!! It's looking fantastic!! I especially like the dirt & grime coming out of the panels in the underside & the leading edge of the tail!

I want one.!.. I want one!!... I want one!!.. I want one!!

cessna729.

I tested inside xplane9 (will be for xplane 9 and 10) and seems everything is where it is supposed to be. Of course there are arfifacts.. but I count on them. All will be better when finished the product.

Also ended the texturing of the landing gears. Always the landing gears are terrible boring to do. But they are done already.

Next stop texture of the 3D cockpit.

Jetstream_19.jpg

Jetstream_20.jpg

Jetstream_21.jpg

Jetstream_22.jpg

• Upvote 2

Look at all that detail!!! Brilliant work as always Javier. You model and texture fast too, not surprising that you use Autodesk 3ds Max. Is it a lot different to Maya? I noticed they are both used in game development. My colleagues teach both programs at my workplace. They both look incredibly complicated, but very powerful.

Well done.

Rhydian

well.. I know Maya but an old version.. don't know the new ones But Maya I would say it is more similar as Blender because you use a lot of hotkeys.. while in Max you have more buttons and graphics.. which I preffer because I don't remember the hotkeys of every tool I use.

In maya of course you have the graphics also...

well Maya is more for animation and Max more for polygon modelling.

well.. I know Maya but an old version.. don't know the new ones But Maya I would say it is more similar as Blender because you use a lot of hotkeys.. while in Max you have more buttons and graphics.. which I preffer because I don't remember the hotkeys of every tool I use.

In maya of course you have the graphics also...

well Maya is more for animation and Max more for polygon modelling.

Yes I think you are right about Maya. My colleagues are animation technicians, one of them worked on the B-17 flying fortress game for Microprose in 1992. He worked on the character animations for that game. He teaches Maya to our animation and computer game students. It seems to be more extensively used in animation and film work. We teach our students to use hotkeys when editing, i find them more efficient to use than mouse clicks and drop down boxes and i think they are a much faster way to work with complex application, but I totally agree, trying to remember them all is a headache!!! I remember when i first started in the broadcast industry as a trainee, watching a BBC editor cutting a news piece with Avid Media Composer using just hotkeys, I was amazed how quick he could edit. It was like watching a magician, his hands were a blur!

Keep up the great work Javier!

B-17 flying fortress.

http://www.simhq.com/_air11/air_340b.html

Cheers

Rhydian

Edited by RojanTrojan

• 2 weeks later...

wow, great work. I am only little puzzled about the "like a real thing" garmin 430/530. Now I am using one old plugin with connects x plane to the official garmin simulator. It works great but it would be nice to have it in 3D cokpit. What are opportunitis for us to have realistics garmin? XPreality?

In this plane anything that is programmed system won't be included. Only mabye little programmed instruments.. but not big as an FMC or real garmin. Sorry my programming skills are not so good to do them. But I think it would be possible to use the garmin RPX plugin to use the real one.. If I have contact from the author of RPX I will include in it.

3DStudio Max 2011. Good money was spent there!!! fiuuu!!! too much! In a iMac but with windows 7 64bits working and 8gb upgraded.

Here there is an screen of 3Dstudio max realtime model. Now I have finally managed to bake the illumination of the 3DCockpit. It was again a nightmare to unwrap all the pieces to match correctly.

You can see artifacts but I correct them later.

Now color and later dirt.

ScreenShot010.png

ScreenShot011.png

Edited by Japo32
  • Upvote 2