Chase View

rodreid

You need to assign general up, down, left and right to the hat switch to move the view around, I assign the general left fast and right fast commands to left and right on the hat switch, the normal speed commands are too slow. I've no idea on the view distance, I'm relatively new to XP and my tweak bank is very limited at this time, lol. Thinking about it though it may be set in planemaker, don't ask me where to look though I know even less about that :)

Edited by Andydigital

Yes the new view controls are interesting, but I dont like the fact that you have two sets of rotation. I can understand what they were thinking, it makes sense. They are thinking of pivot point.

This make it hard to control the view from one control. They should fix it. In external view you would rotate around the plane, in interior view you should rotate like if it was your head.

This worked much better in xp9!

There's a few other things I miss from xp9, like the way the camera panned around in free mode. That is impossible with the way xp10 is as of today. I hope the fix that. Would make it much easier to make good, realistic videos like I want to do. See my mu2 video on YouTube for instance. Without free camera mode and the way the camera pans when I click and drag makes all the magic.

There's a few other things I miss from xp9, like the way the camera panned around in free mode. That is impossible with the way xp10 is as of today. I hope the fix that. Would make it much easier to make good, realistic videos like I want to do. See my mu2 video on YouTube for instance. Without free camera mode and the way the camera pans when I click and drag makes all the magic.

I'll second that. And additional I miss the outside views with TrackIR as they were in the very first beta. From your point of view you could pan around with TrackIR (more or less smooth - as smooth as you can turn your head :D) instead of clicking and dragging with the mouse, which is somehow jerky. This feature unfortunately is gone :angry:.

Why does everyone keep saying that the chase view doesn't let you zoom out to space?

You can indeed "zoom all the way out" into space in the new chase view in XP10; just like the old chase view in XP9.

Hit Shift-8 - the new 'default' chase view (I've remapped this to 'a', so the old chase view key), then hold down shift-, (shift-comma, the default 'move away fast' when viewing external).

Voila. Space!

post-5973-0-70112800-1325455996_thumb.jp

- CK.

Edited by chris k