Chernobyl NPP & The Zone - First Scenery

Hueyman

Hello ladies and guys, how are you ?

I'm proud to introduce here on that lovely place that is X-Pilot, my new ( and very first ) thing for X-Plane, in fact, my very first thing I ever create on a computer.

I've started learning Blender three weeks ago. Some day, I'm wondering myself if someone ever make a scenery of infamous V.I Lenin, mostly known as Chernobyl NPP..

And no, not in X-Plane at least, FSX got some medium quality one...

So, I decided to give me a try. That area totally scares and frighten me, but it's fascinating at the same time, knowing that the region will be empty of human threat for many thousands of years, when I see all that vegetation and those rare animal species, I say my self " Wow, at least, those innocent one will leave in peace without human madness ! "

Anyway, this will be a big scenery pack, I wish to include of course the Nuclear Power Plant itself, the nearby city of Pripyat, the Vehicle Graveyard, the Red Forest, the Russian Woodpecker.. anything in " The Zone of Alienation " the officially prohibited zone, highly radioactive in some place, that some people will go in to steal some .. magic things ( this is S.T.A.L.K.E.R ;-) )

I hope that large project will take me about one year or so. I wish to make it payware, cause my 2009 laptop is very outdated now, I run X-Plane 9 at medium-low setting at max 25-30 FPS,and XP10 9 FPS max without anything .. so, I wish to buy ( and built ) me the fastest computer avaible at the time I'll release that scenery, to take all benefits of X-Plane 10, 11, 12 and all other great sims ( DCS : Blackshark, IL2 Birds Of Prey ( when it'll be stable ), Silent Hunter V etc.. ).

I hope that community will be interested a bit in this project, I know it's kinda strange choice, not happy at all, but it's the real life, and it will be a great place to explore in X-Plane world, a good argument to fly heading to Russia.

I start with the original Power Plant, before '86 accident, when the Sarcophagus wasn't and people of Pripyat were happy and healthy .. I'll start the bad things later, when I'll completely finnish the NPP.

Valentin

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pripyat river yeah .. Theres many strange things out there, wrecks rusty boats, giant fishes..

After all, my fascination for the whole thing make me work on Blender today, I decided to make the tower, the Symbol of that catastrophic accident, as detailed as I can, while do everything to try to keep it light on FPS. That work of tubes attach was a nightmare, I had to compare many dozens of real picture to understand actually how it's built.. those Ukrainian are strange sometimes..

WiP - Ventilation Chimney

post-4525-0-00587700-1330452796_thumb.pn

post-4525-0-98399500-1330452818_thumb.pn

post-4525-0-47805400-1330452836_thumb.pn

post-4525-0-59721000-1330453066_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...