New Saitek Panels Plugin

tsedge

Hi again guy’s

I have visited “MADCATS” (SAITEK) site and download the “plugin” for the radio hardware for Windows 7 64 bit (thanks to "ointment"); this download does not work, not for me anyway.

I have also tried “Xsaitekpanels_2_36” and they both have the same problem in that the radio has connected with X-Plane as the radios light up. The digits when trying to enter a frequency only flicker both on the unit and the aircrafts panel.

It is possible that I am doing something wrong as I am new to X-Plane 10 (global) moving over from FSX (gold) after many years of flying with Microsoft’s sim’s.

If anyone can advise how to overcome this problem I would be very grateful,

Thank you

ANC23

Edited by ANC23

Is your radio panel plugged into your yoke or is it plugged into a powered USB port?  If the lights just flicker, it sounds like you are not getting enough power to run the radio panel.  If you are using the USB ports on your yoke, you need a Saitek power supply to power the USB ports.  You can order a power supply directly from MadCatz or you can order it from the org store.

Steve

Edited by ointment

Hi Steve

Thanks for your thoughts on this problem.

My radio is plugged direct into my computer (USB3); maybe I wasn’t clear enough in my description of the problem, sorry about that.

The radio display is stable when I run XP 10 which tells me that XP 10 and radio are connected.

Let’s take “NAV 1” as an example; when I go to change frequency, let’s say I want to change to 111.5 ILS, as I rotate the knob the digits are trying to change as in they just flicker (they do not switch off) both on the radio unit and the radio on the panel in XP 10; I have the same problem trying to change the COM also.

I hope this gives you more of an idea as to my problem.

Thanks

ANC23

Can you ATTACH your log.txt file to your next post?  You can also e-mail me at winslowphoto@yahoo.com if you want.  It doesn't appear anyone else is chiming in on this thread so it might be best to take it private.  

It still sounds to me like there is a power issue….or the plugin is not functioning properly.  Is the problem occurring in EVERY aircraft, or just one or two?  Have you tried changing the frequencies with the knobs on the aircraft panel?  What happens when you do that?

• 1 year later...

Having problems with my active/standby button. Fixed the saitek .ini file and changed the reassign to 2, and named the button for the active/standby and it fixed the com radio problem, but won't fix the nav radio problem. Still wont switch active/standby. Also, I noticed that my throttle stopped working as soon as I used my flaps. I attributed this to the ALT switch being on. If the alt switch was off, the throttle was working, with it on, the throttle would not respond. Then I turned off the AUTO THROTTLE switch on my Multi Panel and the problem went away. STILL NEED HELP with the NAV Active Standby fix.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Im still searching for the saitek (aka now logitech) panel drivers for mac OS X.  Apparently Logitech gave up supporting mac :-(.  I tried forums.x-plane.org but the site gave back a time out error. any one willing to dropbox me the file?

Error 522 Ray ID: 56418daed889ef2a • 2020-02-12 21:11:09 UTC
Connection timed out

On 2/13/2020 at 8:14 AM, MikeD said:

Im still searching for the saitek (aka now logitech) panel drivers for mac OS X.  Apparently Logitech gave up supporting mac :-(.  I tried forums.x-plane.org but the site gave back a time out error. any one willing to dropbox me the file?

Error 522 Ray ID: 56418daed889ef2a • 2020-02-12 21:11:09 UTC
Connection timed out

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/14646-xsaitekpanels-linwinmac3264/