Coming soon to a CRJ near you: The FMS4200

philipp

This is a three minute walkthrough of the new FMS for the CRJ 1.4.

You can see the following new features

-new font render with accurate character placement

-keyboard input to the scratchpad

-ACT/MOD flightplan logic

-STAR transitions

-Direct-to with position update and turn prediction

-overfly waypoints

-altitude conditional waypoints

-intercept conditional waypoints

The 1.4 update will be a free update for all CRJ customers and will work on X-Plane 9 and 10.

Philipp

Amazing work. Turn the FMS more realistic is a big step to improve reality for the CRJ200...

Collins FMS 4200 - Manuals

How wants send me a email, I can not share this document (tiago@thiengo.com)

Maybe a help to understand the CRJ's CDU implanted...

Edited by thiengo

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if for this update 1.4, will be any calculation of Descent point. For sure we want to complete the fms as much as possible. But things takes time, and we think is more important to complete a holding page (that was ok but this one is better) than the start of descent, that can be calculated with the formula I put in the tutorial. But as said, we want to make vnav advisories in the future.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

I don't know if for this update 1.4, will be any calculation of Descent point. For sure we want to complete the fms as much as possible. But things takes time, and we think is more important to complete a holding page (that was ok but this one is better) than the start of descent, that can be calculated with the formula I put in the tutorial. But as said, we want to make vnav advisories in the future.

Thanks

Yeah I know Javier:-) I know we can use it:-) Just to know whether this new FMS was implemented by this advisory feature:-) Ok hope to find it soon in the next update:-)

Thanks Phillip and if I ever came across as a NAG LOL please don't take it that way I Just have a serious passion for this aircraft and I'm grateful that a simulated version is available. Just finished my ATP jet Training at Phoenix so it may explain why I expect so much...Patience...Yes I'm learning that right now :) Again looking forward for the update :-)

P.S. (Here it comes :)) Can we expect a VORHDG-BRG/DIS in the FMS later on? & Fix for way points (Some Departures require a cross @ XXXXft before 10DME ARC for eg.

Not rushing just a curious question. Thanks :)

-Tristan.

Edited by deltapilot90

Hi Tristan,

depends on what information I can extract from the Navigraph procedures. Because there is a lot of guesswork involved as there is no DTD and I have to figure out all the quirks by try-and-error.

So, can you give me an airport and a procedure where the feature you are thinking of is required?

I need the airport and procedure code obviously, so I can look it up in the database, and a chart where I can see how it is _supposed_ to look like. Because chances are, this already works.

Philipp

Edited by philipp

No problem, DTW for example has a requirement to cross DXO at 10 DME ARC on a 095 radial (ERRTH3 departure). For the VORHDG-BRG/DIS I did a flight not too long ago DTW-UNV ( ERRTH3 ERRTH CXR325/12 CXR ETG PSB). I figured the coding of it all would lie the problem. I may soon look into database coding for dummies maybe some months from know have knowledge and could be of some help. So what already works? The DME ARC or the VORHDG-BRG/DIS?

Tristan.

Amazing work. Turn the FMS more realistic is a big step to improve reality for the CRJ200...

Collins FMS 4200 - Manuals

How wants send me a email, I can not share this document (tiago@thiengo.com)

Maybe a help to understand the CRJ's CDU implanted...

Do you know this web site ?

http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/bombardier/CRJ-100-200-SERIES/

Thanks, for the doc. I have downoaded the 4200 FMS doc somewhere. I can't remenber where the link is.

Regards.