[K&A] De Havilland Canada DHC-1 "CHIPMUNK"

arno54

Chip, Chipmunk, Chippy, countless names for what could be the most famous trainer plane ever.

We're pleased and proud to announce the developpement of the DHC-1.

dhc-1_chipmunk_01.jpg

That payware plane will be released shortly : it's gonna be very FPS friendly, very unexpensive, and its flight model will be (actually...is) as accurate as it gets. Khamsin is working hard to have it as eye-candy as XP allows and I'm giving the last hand to sharpen systems and over-all experience.

Main features :

- VERY FPS-Friendly

- Bullet-proof accuracy

- A joy to fly (well, that's not because of us, it's out-of-the-box ! but worth mentionning)

- Perfect VFR plane with astounding panoramic view and "hand-free" behaviour

- Khamsin's 3D artwork (needs no more comment! see his blog and the T28)

- release will occur in a matter of days/weeks

- no DRM whatsoever

Our main goal (apart from validating some new concepts as for work-flow) is to provide you with a very affordable-accurate-beautiful plane, so that most of you can enjoy a real "good" payware whatever his hardware, wallet status, or flying skills.

More to come soon !

Edited by arno54
  • Upvote 3

Nice :-)

But I'm really interested in what is going on with all that High Quality 3D stuff on your Blog... the transmitter/receiver,all ACFT Corsair,DC-3,B-25, ships, Half Tracks, Pacific Scenery, Oil Rigs..

What the bloody hell ! That is very promising, we'll have to wait ;-)

Kind regards,Valentin.

Very shiny, and a very nice plane.

I've never seen one up close, but I did see some pictures somewhere of one in the old RCAF yellow training colours with a little handheld GPS mounted on the panel...

Then again the GPS looked out of place, but I can understand the owners need for something like that because of the way airspace is becoming here in Canada, especially around larger cities.

Well, there won't be a GPS inside.

Actually, there will never be a GPS nor any kind of modern avionics in K&A's plane.

We understand why poeple are very interested in this kind of stuff, and we're aware too, that our choice will lead to low-count sales. As for this, Pete, proposing a modernized Beaver, is clever than us from the marketing point of view. Nonetheless, we do planes that we love and miss, and they happen to be old-school prop planes.

A choice is always to be made, "how we like them" vs "how poeple would like and buy them". Well, we've choosen "how we love them". I understand this might not be a good commercial choice... But money comes after passion, here :-) And I know that a pilot who learnt flying with a GPS or FMS or whatever will never be a pilot. He is a winged-computer programmer. Nice job, but i do not regard this as piloting :-P

I also love aircraft that come from the bygone era, radials, inline singles, inline twins, etc...

I have no problem with there not being a GPS in your aircraft, the only reason I mentioned it was because I have seen pictures of one with it. If I was to suggest that you add one, I would have said it out right, not in some convoluted way through a story.

I tend to disagree with your statement that pilots who learn to fly with a GPS on board will never be a pilot... I'm currently getting my PPL, and most of the schools aircraft include a GPS of some sort (there are a few that have yet to be upgraded to include them) I find the GPS to be a reassurance, it can help you get out of a jam, but I will not rely on them by any means. If I'm flying I will always have my VTA chart out, and a VNC nearby for reference.

As for this, Pete, proposing a modernized Beaver, is clever than us from the marketing point of view. Nonetheless, we do planes that we love and miss, and they happen to be old-school prop planes.

Arnaud, this has nothing to do with marketing on my side. Very far from it. I stand for other things than developing what sells best and you should know that.

@Pete

Was supposed to be sent through PM, but seemingly you can't receive any more new messages. So here it is :

Hi Pete,

I read you misunderstood my words - my bad, I assume my english is not subtile enough.

I did not intend to pretend you modify your bird purposedly for marketing reaons : actually what I meant is something more like "Pete's plane is prone to be sold more because it happens to be gps-equipped which is more wished by uses : this makes more sense than our own choice to ban electronics".

I know you're not "this kind of dev" ;-)

Cheers

Arnaud