Dash 8 Q400

Jack Skieczius

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Happy Easter everyone,

And to help make it a better day for some, here is an update long coming.

The Fuse has a detailed texture, added some dirt for effect and a normal map. we will also be utilizing the spec maps for the final product.

any critic welcome.

Added these in game renders as per request from someone at the .org

only fair i post them here too.

post-746-131369577189_thumb.jpg

post-746-131369577219_thumb.jpg

post-746-131369577249_thumb.jpg

post-746-131369577288_thumb.jpg

post-746-131369577317_thumb.jpg

It looks really nice in the sim :)

Everyone talks about these spec maps...is it just adding the ATTR_shiny_rat command to your objects or is there actually another map?

Thanks.

I haven't added the spec maps yet, but basically, they use in combination with ATTR_shine_rat 1.0, but uses the alpha channel of the normal map to tell the model what parts are shiner and at what level.

more info can be found at the X-plane wiki link here: http://wiki.x-plane.com/Normal_Maps

atm i am useing the normal map to get the anamorphic look on the fuse.

If those textures arent good enough then I am going back to installing MSFS 5!!!!

They are fantastic, as is the whole project really :)

Am waiting patiently for this one to come out.....I can see it now, my "new" regional aircraft for flying the small runs around NZ.

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

• 2 weeks later...

Work has started on the cockpit which i hope to be able to show you some of in a few weeks. Already has you have seen in the past, the main panels are done, but we all know that doesn't make up a good cockpit. We need the walls, the windows, the cabin door, and that coffee dispenser we all love. :)

i also want to get a video of the exterior up for you all so you can see this plane in action, which is the only way to really appreciate her.

Glad you all like it.

As for release dates, i wont be putting any date on it. there is still a lot of work to do on her. I wont be posting any dates from here on out, she will be done when she is done.

I can almost guarantee it will be done before the end of the world, which happens to be on a Friday, and still 967 days away.  ;)

Looking really really nice ;) This plane has a weird look to it, and I love it! It just doesn't look like your typical "airliner". It's got these rather wide wings that are quite skinny as well as a fuselage that doesn't look that big in diameter. And the 7 bladed prop to boot :P

Anyway, I really like it :)

Also, you've been saying "we" a lot when referring to what needs to be done. Is there a "we" or is it still just you?

Looking really really nice ;) This plane has a weird look to it, and I love it! It just doesn't look like your typical "airliner". It's got these rather wide wings that are quite skinny as well as a fuselage that doesn't look that big in diameter. And the 7 bladed prop to boot :P

Anyway, I really like it :)

Also, you've been saying "we" a lot when referring to what needs to be done. Is there a "we" or is it still just you?

Thanks wombat, i am glad you like her. she sure dose look different, which is one of the reason i choose to make her in the first place. Also ,she is one of the fastest turboprops in the world, at an average of 360 kts TAS, she is definitely not slow.

Also, its a 6 bladed prop, and the disk is some 13 feet and 6 inches in diameter.

And for the "we", i am referring to my whole team, now and in the future. Right now its just me, and my benefactor from Flybe who continues to supply me with loads of images and measurements of this bird down to the millimeter.

There are also a few others that help out as well but aren't directly involved.