Dash 8 Q400

Jack Skieczius

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew i forgot something!  :)

It would be cool if you could make the knobs not so sensible.

I need a lot of time to get the right squawk in. Even when i'm very slowly moving

the mouse, it jumps always by 2-4 numbers.  :-[  :'(

While selecting a heading is ok (but needs some time too to get it exact), i always

miss the FL by 100-300ft. To tune radio/nav frequencies is impossible for me, because

you need the 100% right one. But the numbers are always jumping around like hell.

No chance to adjust them right.

I don't have any problems with the hold'n drag buttons with the MU or BK117.

They are far more precise.

Since i mostly use keyboard commands to change the the frequencies, it's not that

of a huge problem, but i would like to use this feature, since it would be way faster

by draging it, instead of sycling through by keyboard.

• 1 month later...

Update 1.1 is out:

Updated Vmo Cue and Vstall Cue graphics.

Changed aileron deflection time limit to zero. Did this because they are not hydraulically controlled.

Reversed the action on the pitch_mode autopilot wheel. Down is up and up is down now.

Updated colors of the Artificial Horizon.

Updated the VSI tape graphic.

Changed the way the TUNE knob works. Now works with 4 commands, which work similar to how the 3d panel TUNE knobs would work. No more Scrolling up or down.

Added ADF1 and ADF2 to the ARCDU.

Added MFD1 & 2SelectorKnob Functionality for NAV,SYS, DOORS, and ENG.

Adjusted Fuel Tank center position.

Adjusted Fuel transfer switch logic

Added logic for fuel imbalance annunciation. When fuel in each tank differs by 600lbs, all fuel annuns turn yellow.

Fixed hash marks on altitude tap.

Updated el_horizon-3.png

Fixed issues with 'Hot and High' takeoffs.

Added logic for engine failures.

Added de-rated takeoff power options. Buttons for this are on the Engine Control Panel.

Added Max Takeoff Power (MTOP) button to allow for max takeoff power, which gives you 106% TRQ.

Added the option to change the change the Baro setting between IN and HPA, you can do this by clicking next to the Baro setting on the PFD.

Changed the RadAlt Indicator. The box only shows up when at or under 2500ft Rad Alt like it should

Fixed the Alt Select Bug and indicator, they now change to yellow when closing in onto your preselected altitude as they should. Along with this you now will see Alt*.

Added in code to stop the screens from displays dark when switching to theQ400 from another add-on. This normally left you in the dark wondering where the light switches were, but not anymore.

Engine intake switches will only turn the inlet heater on now if there is hydraulic pressure, on top of normal 15°C rule.

Added RMI to the PFD as well as associated DME. You can switch between VOR ADF and FMS on two needles using the panel under the FMC.

Added Weight and Balance Manager as a popup with many settings.

Added door animation which can be toggled from the DOORs MFD screen.

APU now uses fuel when turned on, drawing from the left tank.

Adjusted the roll effect from P-factor and Torque by adding roll stability.

Separated the High and low rez into two different folders. This allows you to save about ¾ the file size.

Added TOGA mode

Those who already have the aircraft should be getting an email with instructions for the update momentarily if they have not got it already.

Those who do not have it yet can get it at http://store.armchairaviation.com/

As always comments and suggestions and tech support on our forum here: http://forums.armchairaviation.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=listcat&Itemid=3&view=listcat&func=listcat&Itemid=3