The Immortal DHC-2 Beaver

Pete_SMS

is that an in-sim shot? XP9 or 10???? The plane is looking absolutely amazing!!!!

Really really really want this one now.....especially as I have come to a comfortable compromise with XP10 FPS and rendering quality (Win 7 Home, AMD dual core 2.8, GTX260, 2 Gb system ram 24" Viewsonic LCD, Philips 17" LCD, Saitek Yoke, 2x Throttles, Rudder pedals.....)

:)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

Oh yes, I was imagining flying that little darling along the coast and valleys of BC and Alaska. Sorry for that! :)

Well, it is weekend and I thought you might wanna see the neutral colour base exterior with normal and spec maps added to it. Livery painting starts soon, and this is the neural colour base you will get, in order for you to create your favorite paintjob.

Hope you enjoy!

wip25.jpg

wip251.jpg

• Upvote 1

Totally incredible work.. Really impressed !

The white lines on the edges of the prop blades are too thin, usually, they are same width as the grey part, but just to be a tweaker !

Looking forward to this one, as the DC-3, really good golden age planes come along this year !

Good catch on the white prop stripes. Actually, the white stripes are even bigger than the grey one in between.

...and to answer another question with respect to pilots: Yes, it will have a pilot. Not pilots, because this Beaver is flown without a co-pilot and without dual controls. Also, this pilot will only be visible in external view.

Also, this pilot will only be visible in external view.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you. I'm really disliking this trend of putting models of people in the planes, not worth the polygons and not great looking. But I don't mind seeing a pilot from the external view!

Hahahahaha, that was the one we talked about earlier in the posts....I painted an RC plane of this one for a guy....that orange was a right beggar to paint!!! Its called "international Orange" the states and "Scarlet Crimson" in the UK.

If this one comes out I can see a few flights down around the Antarctic ;)

Slainte.

Andy

NZCH

Wow, you really nailed that "wavy" look of the fuselage I've seen on so many older planes. Very nice.

AFAIK, this is the first time the stressed skin shows the frame, just like it did in the day. I've looked at literally hundreds of Beaver photos of different angles and composition and I have to say Pete... the artwork here is as real as it gets. Even the dammed ties (sorry for the expletive, but you know that Beavers and dams go together eh :D ) hanging from the wings are built to look 'period'.

WOW! I expect your technology can only come close to the sheer magnificent beauty shown here, for if it matched it then you would have to travel to N. Carolina for the Nobel Prize in Complex System Simulation, or what we could call 'Rodent Droppings' (seriously LOL).

Rooting for you all the way Pete.

bc