The Immortal DHC-2 Beaver

Pete_SMS

When I started with the development I built myself a C++ framework, but switched to SASL along the way. I even made a post about that on this forum about 1.5 years ago.

You can read it here. :)

Sorry to make you answer that twice Pete. You clearly answered the question in the past. I think it's just so long in the making and various decision changes over time that it was easy to forget. :)

Congrats on the release! I hope it does well for you and brings even more people over to X-Plane.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I wanted to show you a WIP picture of the upcoming Beaver with pure floats.

So no takeoffs from runways anymore and who needs one anyway? biggrin.png

This Beaver version will be included in the official Beaver package and will be available with the next update, which should be there within the next two weeks.

Liveries for the Floats Beaver will be the one below and one from Kenmore smile.png

Hope you like it:

SMS_Beaver_Floats_01_zpshpduildk.jpg

• Upvote 9

Try to make your purchases with the developer and the product in mind.  Supporting developers supports the hobby and the community.  

Peter has worked extremely hard on this project, for almost 4 years.  Going by the screenshots in this entire thread, I'd say it's worth it.  Regardless which store it's in.

I agree with Goran, Its best to support the work of the developers regardless of where you buy it. My hanger consists of planes from both stores and straight from Carendo's web sight. Both stores have been good to me.

I feel the more we support theses guys, the better products we will get. I say this over and over on my streams and mean every word I say.    

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete,

Thanks for this great piece of of work! It is an absolute pleasure to fly her. I love the ropes under the wings and to see them swinging in the wind. Great detail, simply great! And the docking feature is realy helpful in handling the plane on the water.

One thing though: I think the ropes under the wings need to swing further up if the plane is flying (almost up tothe wing). Please have a look here:

http://www.carlinair.com/kectchikan-flight-video

(great video btw)

Looking forward to the release of the "floats only version"!

Many happy landings!

Docbird

Edited by DocBird

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 4.10.2015 at 2:16 PM, Pete_SMS said:

Dear Beaver Pilots,

Just a small info as the Beaver update is around the corner. 

Below you will find a few screenshots of the next liveries you can expect and the Beaver with just floats attached to it. Hope you enjoy them.  :) 

Kenmore_01_zps1ksngupv.jpg

Kenmore_02_zpswwtvl5ik.jpg

LakelandAirways_02_zpslsbdboyg.jpg

LakelandAirways_01_zpstcvxhwe8.jpg

Clipper_01_zpsfw3vy2tb.jpg

Clipper_02_zpsjyoxinnk.jpg

Neutral_01_zpsyzjuujgu.jpg

Neutral_02_zpscoojnu6f.jpg

Hi Pete,

I hope all is well!

Is there any chance that we can get our hands on the floats-only-version and these reaints?

I fly this beauty in Alaska and BC and it would be great to have the float-version.

Many happy landings!

Docbird

• 1 year later...
On 4.10.2015 at 2:16 PM, Pete_SMS said:

Dear Beaver Pilots,

Just a small info as the Beaver update is around the corner. 

Below you will find a few screenshots of the next liveries you can expect and the Beaver with just floats attached to it. Hope you enjoy them.  :) 

Kenmore_01_zps1ksngupv.jpg

Kenmore_02_zpswwtvl5ik.jpg

LakelandAirways_02_zpslsbdboyg.jpg

LakelandAirways_01_zpstcvxhwe8.jpg

Clipper_01_zpsfw3vy2tb.jpg

Clipper_02_zpsjyoxinnk.jpg

Neutral_01_zpsyzjuujgu.jpg

Neutral_02_zpscoojnu6f.jpg

I enjoy flying in XP 11.20 with my Rift on and I can only dream of flying this Beaver in VR.

Unfortunatelly this project seems to have died... Very sad! I love to fly her in the Alaskan bush.

Many happy landings!

DocBird

On 1/11/2018 at 0:55 PM, DocBird said:

I enjoy flying in XP 11.20 with my Rift on and I can only dream of flying this Beaver in VR.

Unfortunatelly this project seems to have died... Very sad! I love to fly her in the Alaskan bush.

Many happy landings!

DocBird

Check the .Org forums.

• Upvote 1