The Immortal DHC-2 Beaver

Pete_SMS

@derek:

Will you have pilots added?

Yip, it will have a pilot. You will be able to see it in external view.

@steven:

If she flies HALF as good as she looks she'll be a dream]

Technology will get LOTS of attention. I coded my plug-in framework already, which is more or less an interface between X-Plane and my own physics and systems simulation engine, and I will soon move to some serious amd more advanced coding. More or less every system will be coded from scratch and I only use X-Plane default behaviour, if it is accurate enough and if it gives me all the flexibility I need. If it doesn't, it will be replaced by my own code. I have a lot of ideas on the physics side as well, with respect to plugin coding. However, first things first. First I will still spend my time to have the Beaver artwork working inside X-Plane and it needs to befully animated. When that is in place, serious plugin coding and flight modelling will takeoff in full afterburner.

Edited by Pete

Sweet!

You must have travelled to Viking in Vancouver and taken measurements from the dies for that dash!

Oh... by the way... don't think we wouldn't notice.

Yes, we now know that you're a Star Trek fan, through and through.

But a mercenary Pete? Really?

What's his name again... Bobba Fett, you know, the guy that grabbed Han Solo when he was chillin' in Carbonite?

See the zoomed snippet from the vanity strip on the dash. You can clearly see him reflected from his position in the copilot's seat... face (helmet) at the right level given the angle and light source.

post-1441-0-32191600-1326314487_thumb.jp

:lol:

Great work sir. Certainly in the top 1% of anything I've ever seen before.

bc

geesh... am I getting enough sleep?

That is brilliant! What a way to fake a reflection in blender too. Nice touch. Unusually, I'm also a science fiction fan :-) Maybe that could be your trademark, put a tiny bobba image in some hidden part of your planes. I should say many planes, you look pretty darned good at this.

• Upvote 1

Here comes the first night lighting WIP. The lighting is baked into the LIT texture and this is the result.

Of course, the warning lights and the lights for the landing gear(amphibian version) are just lit for demonstration purposes. I hope you don't see them during flight all that often ;)

Hope you like it ....

wip2612.jpg

Glad you all like it!

Just if you are wondering if I am asleep ... no I am not. ;)

I hope I can show you the first "in sim" shots this week. Currently, I am preparing the mesh and textures for the export. These will be static exports first. If I am happy with everything, I will start with animations and manipulators.