Meet the CRJ @ FSWeekend 2011 !

philipp

Hey folks,

four weeks left until the world's biggest flight simulator event, the FSWeekend at Lelystad, the Netherlands.

For two days the Aviodrome at Lelystad airport is all about flight simulation!

If you have taken a look at the list of exhibitors, you will have already spotted the CRJ-200!

So, would you like to chat with the developer, take a sneak peek at current development or get yourself the CRJ on CD (with an autograph :) )?

Then meet us at FSWeekend 2011!

fsw-banner2011.jpg

FSweekend with Austin Meyers :)

Austin Meyers, the brains behind X-Plane will be attending the FSweekend in Lelystad (The Netherlands, 5 & 6 Nov) on our invitation. He will show the near final build of X-Plane 10 exclusively at our Aerosoft booth. Aerosoft feels very strong about X-Plane 10, we think it will be the simulator everybody have to try at least one time! Austin will also do a presentation at this event. If you never seen Austin present X-Plane this is something you should not miss. Austin is a very enthusiastic presenter.

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=home&shopfilter_category=Flight+Simulation&s_design=DEFAULT&s_language=english

Philipp!

I will make sure to be there! Now that I live in the Netherlands this should be very easy!

So no vasFMC stand this year? (The stand where you were last year)

Nout

Looking forward to see you again :)

Unfortunately, Alex Wemmer, founder of vasFMC, has decided to quit work on vasFMC for personal reasons. That's sad, but part of it will continue to live in the CRJ...

• 3 weeks later...

This is the interim update from FSWeekend:

-My TrackIR was stolen from our stand

-My belt had an uncontained failure, uncontained as in "pieces were flying away" (see picture) post-3056-0-72433900-1320529604_thumb.jp

-Demoing the CRJ on 3200x1200 screensize is gorgeous.

-People like controlling the FMS from the IPad

Sorry for any support requests currently queuing up - you will be treated normally on Monday.

Philipp

Edited by philipp

This is the interim update from FSWeekend:

-My TrackIR was stolen from our stand

-My belt had an uncontained failure, uncontained as in "pieces were flying away" (see picture) post-3056-0-72433900-1320529604_thumb.jp

-Demoing the CRJ on 3200x1200 screensize is gorgeous.

-People like controlling the FMS from the IPad

Sorry for any support requests currently queuing up - you will be treated normally on Monday.

Philipp

Hope you're having fun! Too much eating already I can see :-)

Hey guys,

back at home, and totally exhausted. Almost no voice left, my cold has gotten worse and I'm still tired from driving home after a day that started at 5:23am when Ben Supnik called me to get out of bed...

Fortunately, it turned out that my TrackIR was NOT stolen, it just got messed up with the equipment of the group of Dutch simmers who resided next to us. They found the next day they had one device more than they used to, and because of the additional micro-USB adapter I had in the box it could quickly be identified as mine.

So we had it at least on Sunday, and Javier could demonstrate the fluidity of the CRJ 3d cockpit. My demo machine was able to run X-Plane 9 at totally maxed out settings, and almost all visitors concluded it looks better than FSX - because the ground textures are way sharper. Hey, we even sold a CRJ to an FSX users who promised to try the X-Plane demo!

Also, we showed off the CRJ inside X-Plane 10 beta7, with simply amazing clouds.

Unfortunately, I had to keep an eye on all our stuff while Austin was giving his presentation, so I could not see the official show. Javier and Jörg were there and briefed my quickly thereafter. Austin had to deal with pretty bad equipment and a projector that made everything look green.

Also on Sunday Tom Kyler, Cameron and his wife showed up unexpectedly. What a pleasant surprise! Now if there is anyone more enthusiastic about X-P 10 than Austin, it is Tom.

We were so busy we could barely take any pictures, so I hope some visitors put their pictures on-line so you can get an impression. I will keep an eye out.

Philipp

Did you have any chance to persuade Tom and Cameron to visit our beautiful region ffm/da/ma while beeing in europe?

Can't say as I got out of the hotel much; however, I do look to be in Germany towards the middle of 2012 for my 20th anniversary while we visit a family friend stationed there. I'm hoping we can get to several parts of the country and it'd be nice to meet some fellow xplaners should the opportunity arise.