EHM-1997 Flightdeck (X-plane 737NG sim)

Kesomir

I am building a 737NG cockpit using x-plane for the sim and project magenta for the avionics and systems modelling. I intend to move from x-plane 9 to 10 when released later this year.

I've been woodworking this weekend and so far I have built the base from 18mm structural plywood raised on 47mm x 75mm blocks, with closer spacing on the rear seat, walk and console area and support under key load areas such as the mid MIP line.

It's built in 4 sections so it can be easily dismantled and relocated.

I also have a couple of bits on order atm from revolution simproducts and Flightdeck solutions. Once they get added in I'll post more updates. The whole Album can be seen here: http://s946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/kesomir/Flightdeck/

At some point it will become flyable again ;)

IMG_3525.jpg

IMG_3554.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

IMG_3564.jpg

Kesomir.....you are my hero!!!! I have bookmarked your picture gallery and eagerly await more piccies of this wonderful adventure you have embarked on!

So far the images are fantastic...I love that yoke you have.....did you get it from a real 737ng or is it an actual item you can get from a 3rd party developer?

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

The yoke is from Aircraft Controls Engineering in Canada http://www.737yoke.com/ the website pictures are out of date, the pro version now has replica trim switches (only one actual switch though despite moving independently).

Pros

Great looking yoke and tube

replica trim switch

feels great!

easy to install

Good value

Autopilot disconnect

2x trigger switches for PTT and another function

adjustable clipboard with checklist on.

Cons

Not dual linkable

Non Motorised

base is unrealistic

no trip counter

There are alternatives such as from revolution simproducts, or you can build them yourself by getting replica parts, but it's more involved than the unpack, bolt down and plug a USB lead in like the ACE one above.

Hopefully I should have an update in a month or so when my next set of parts arrive :)

I have made a list of resources which can be found here for those interested in a similar undertaking:

http://www.fly-euroharmony.com/forum/index.php/topic,6794.0.html

Edited by Kesomir

• 1 month later...

The throttle is the single most expensive item I intend to purchase for the sim.

That said it's out of the way now so everything else should be more manageable over time.

On order are FDS mip, interface card, lots of knobs, backlighting, glare shield and wings plus a single cdu.

Once that arrives and is wired up things should really start looking like a cockpit.

Next on the wishlist are the cpflight mcp and efis units, but Xmas will be putting a delay on those items until next year.

Need to move house too, so will have to see what next year brings.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I thought that I might throw my link out at you as you look like you are doing something similar to me. Although you are going jetliner and I went G.A., but the built process is in the same vane...

I did a lot of pre-thinking and AutoCad drawings for this project...I am quite happy with it.

Good luck to you and your project!!

http://web.me.com/vi..._Simulator.html

DeadZone44

Edited by DeadZone44

Ah that's your one. I have come across your site before - really good space saving design with the corner unit.

I have received my FDS hardware and assembled the CDU bay, tested the Captains CDU as best I can and the project is now disassembled and on hold pending finding and moving to a new house with my fiancee.

One of the specs is a third bedroom with enough space for it - once moved, pics will follow.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

How's it going? It's an exciting project!

Have you come across Teensy USB boards? They are extremely easy to interface with X-Plane, you could use them for the bits and pieces which aren't in the hands of Project Magenta. (Gear status lights for example, landing light switches, etc).