Cessna 152 1.2 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.2 update for the Cessna 152. All customers who have purchased the Cessna 152 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete installation instructions on how to update your product. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the Cessna 152 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.2 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviati...talog/login.php

2. View your past order history invoice that contains the Cessna 152 purchase on it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you will find a blue highlighted link to your update!

The new installer does not require you to have any Cessna 152 installed, but you should uninstall your 1.1 version prior to installing 1.2. Simply run the installer and follow the on screen prompts when you run the update!

-------------------------------------------------

Version 1.2 of the Cessna 152 includes a significant remake/upgrade to many aspects of this product!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

Flight modell re-tuned by Lukasz!:

- Geometry of: fuselage, wings, tail surfaces, landing gear, gear fairings, wing struts

- Engine-propeller fine tuning and geometry

- Control surfaces' sizes, angles of deflection, phase-outs, flaps Cl adjustments

- Trim settings- Nose wheel steering values

- Center of gravity, weights, fuel tanks locations and capacity, custom radii of gyration

- Airfoils (fine tuning)- Corrected fuel flows (and thus range) on different power settings and altitudes

- Small geometry tweaks to achieve the highest possible accuracy in airspeeds at different power settings

Results:

- Greater flight envelope accuracy with regards to POH performance values (speeds, runway use, maneuverability etc.)

- More "believable" aircraft handling- More "entertaining" stalls

Graphics:

-Geometry of the fuselage has changed.

-Better cockpit panel textures-Washed the windshield-Liveries with blank Paint kit

-Improved gauge lighting

Function:

-Installed the ADF radio-Directional Gyro Markings fixed

-Magneto and key works better-Marker beacon works now

-Altimeter baro pressure repaired (9.70)

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 1

Thanks very much for this update. I'm not flying the 152 in real life (only DR400), but this aircraft really gives me the feeling of a real flight. This is now one of the best to learn flying in x-plane, especially for landing.

Just 2 or 3 things :

- it seems to me that the VOR OBS button does not work. Or I miss something in the POH.

- it would be nice to have the opportunity to remove the yoke, hiding some instruments like the gyro and the vario.

- there are 4 flaps positions here : 0-10-20-30, like in the real one (and no 0-10-30, as indicated in the POH).

Daniel.

Edited by danhenri

Hey Daniel, Im looking at these things now.

I can work on a show hide yoke also!

The OBS knob is working fine here. Its a simple click to turn left or right. Dose the X-Plane cursor even show up around the knob for you?

Thanks for pointing out the Manual typo Ill fix that also!

Thanks Daniel for you help!

Hi,

we all agree that an update was needed due some problems with the previous version, now magnetos, altimeter and heading indicator are fixed.

Before the C152 was really frame friendly, now It drops some FPS and this disappoint me. I don't know if this is a x-aviation or developer policy, but IMHO I expect an update as a fixed model and not as a rebuilt one.

Nothing to say, now it looks better, but I can't enjoy it like before. Forward view cause really bad performance, it seems that cockpit ( or instruments, I don't know) textures has been improved with more resolution causing on my system a drop of about 10 fps :(

However is a good improvements, but fom me now the C152 will remain in hangar.

I'd like to suggest that when this kind of upgrade are made should be nice if in the package are released two acf, the old one fixed for major problems and the new one rebuilt.

greetings.

G

PS. VOR indicator works fine with me.

Edited by C47

Daniel, make sure you have the latest version of XPlane. Its working fine on my end, I'm using the same package that was uploaded.

Hey C47. What are your computer specs and rendering settings? Its running pretty good on my computer vs other add ons. My system is pushing 6 years old.

I'm running a AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core at 2.40GHz with 3GB of ram and a 7900GScard with 256MB of Vram.

The Cessna was updated using a Nvidia 6600 card.

Daniel, make sure you have the latest version of XPlane. Its working fine on my end, I'm using the same package that was uploaded.

Hey C47. What are your computer specs and rendering settings? Its running pretty good on my computer vs other add ons. My system is pushing 6 years old.

I'm running a AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core at 2.40GHz with 3GB of ram and a 7900GScard with 256MB of Vram.

The Cessna was updated using a Nvidia 6600 card.

Hi Airbus,

for what you write is strange I have so bad performance on my computer. My specs are Imac 272, i5 @2.66, 8gb RAM, 512 video ram.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...