Scenery Preview - KILM

Redfisher

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love it! Man I wish I had those texturing skills. Kills me to see my unfinished models.

Hey btw, I picked up LWCAD 4 yesterday. Looks good! Very interesting feature it can create UVs as you model. :D Will try this on a new model and see if it will make any sense for X-Plane use.

Edited by OlaHaldor

Yeah hubba hubba! Really nice work. Are they photo textures I assume? They've come up real nice. What version of Blender do u use, as I'm having 'issues' getting the model out to xplane?

Ola- yes, we all know the HARDEST part of modelling is the texturing!

Yeah hubba hubba! Really nice work. Are they photo textures I assume? They've come up real nice. What version of Blender do u use, as I'm having 'issues' getting the model out to xplane?

Ola- yes, we all know the HARDEST part of modelling is the texturing!

Some are photos and some were created in PS. I use Modo then import to Blender 2.49. I think this is as far as you can go (version) with Blender and not have problems with exporting. But then again, I don't know much about Blender as it's only a conduit for me. Maybe Tom can chime in.

Marginal's blender export script only supports python 2, which is up to blender 2.49. For python 3 and 2.5 and up there is a script in development at the .org. The exporting of the mesh works fine if you set it up correctly, but there are currently no bone animations (at least not the last time I checked).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hello,

Been trying to get the KILM to work but cant for some reason?

Unzipped the KILM _Overlay and XS library to custom scenery folder but don't see any KILM stuff in Xplane?

Been beating my head on this one for a few hours now!

It has to be something simple!

Alex

Check your scenery_packs.ini file that you will find in your Custom Scenery folder inside your X-Plane 10 folder.  Make sure the KILM files are loading before any other conflicting scenery.  In fact, if you have any other conflicting scenery, get rid of it.

Needless to say, you've not installed it properly.  You might want to ATTACH your log.txt file to your post so we can see what's going on with your X-Plane installation.  Don't just copy and paste your log.txt.  ATTACH the file to a post.  Can't begin to help without the log.txt.  All we can do is guess without it.

Edited by ointment