Hawker fleet project

Goran_M

A few more screenshots of the 4000 and 800XP.  These are all untextured.  Only colored in Blender.

The 4000 is still getting things ironed out and I'm making sure everything is as smooth as possible.  

I was experimenting with some things so the screenshots of the 4000 show it without the wingbox and the section of fuselage where the door is located is missing.  

We have both stripped down a lot of polys.

I've gone from 660 000 polys to 350 000.  Jason has stripped just under that figure.  

We have both tested these planes in X plane and they run very smooth.

I have 200MB of Sydney scenery installed and I use that for my benchmark.  FPS didn't drop below 21 with high detail settings.

I will post my X Plane settings up along with my PC specs in a later post so people can compare.

The 4000

grab316.th.jpg

A render in Blender.  Blender lighting and renderring is very unforgiving when it comes to showing flaws in the model.

grab310.th.jpg

With the nose section attached (minus the door section)

grab314.th.jpg

Goran

I'm at the point now where I've made a list of what needs to be done to finish this project.

There is 1 more thing on the exterior to model.  However, there are a few small things to model on the interior.  

The cockpit is still being worked on.  I've redone the entire panel and centre console, because, well, surprise, I wasn't happy with how I modelled it before.  Things bugged me about it and now it's looking pretty much like I want it to look.

Anyway, Theo's been busy texturing Jason's 800.  He's still not finished modelling it but it's getting there.  However, Theo's gotten a little sick so that may have to be put on hold.

Anyway, a small screenshot of the (nearly) completed centre pedestal and main panel.

yafaray20090902170429.th.png

Goran

I thought I'd keep everyone informed on what is happening.  I got my hands on some more photos of the Hawker 4000 and I have spent the last few days adjusting things, adding bits and pieces and modelling new things.  I can safely say, with the exception of the cabin seating (which I plan on changing to a lower poly version) the entire aircraft has been modelled.  I'll spend the day tomorrow modelling all seats and then start on the GA stuff I had planned while Theo textures the 4000.    When the textures are done on the Hawker, I'll get into animating it and then take it from there.  I have flown the object model of the Hawker and it performs well in the sim with regards to fps. 

I don't really want to put up more screenshots of an untextured aircraft because there really isn't much to show that is different to what has already been posted. 

If everything pans out like I expect it to, I'll have the GA released in the next 8 weeks or so and the Hawker a short time after that.

Goran

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but not much.

It's progressing slowly in the way of textures.

I'm talking with Theo on a regular basis and I gave him a deadline we both agreed on for finishing textures for the whole plane.  There are few more little things to model but I'm going to do those in the next few days and they are nothing to brag about but I want them done.  

Theo has so far UV mapped the entire Center pedestal and has begun texturing it.  What I have seen looks awesome!

I'll be putting screenshots up soon when I feel I have something juicy to show.  

After texturing comes animations and then the fun task of programming some systems using the new xlua language.  Most of the systems will be done with default planemaker programming.  The FMC will definitely be custom and that will be taking up the majority of my time.

The first screenshot of the center pedestal (textured) will be posted within a day or 2.

Also, while Theo textures the aircraft, I have been reading up on, and practising Maya and Lightwave.  I don't really want to use Blender anymore.  Simply put, that kind of software is superior to Blender.

So my next project, the Bonanza G36 will be done entirely in either Lightwave, Maya or 3DS Max.  Yes, there are other Bonanzas out there, but this one will have a couple of special somethings that the others don't have.

:)

I have 2 more definite projects after that but I will post info on those at a later date.

Goran

• 4 weeks later...