Sign in to follow this  
alxunru

77W

Without further ado...

About a month ago I was looking at the 777 operators list on wikipedia. Back when we really got into the project, the 772ER was the most popular variant of the bird flying. The 777-200LR (77L) and the 777-300ER (77W) were in their infancy. Turns out that over the course of just a few years, the balance has shifted. By far the most popular version with carriers of the 777 is also our favorite, the 77W (now this is in terms of orders…there is a lot of backlog). We’ve wanted to get a move on with some of the other variants for along time now and these new figures gave us just the excuse that we needed to get started on the 77W conversion. The modifications also open the door to the 200LR and 200LRF to complete the entire 777 line.

Our release schedule is still going to focus on putting the 200ER out the door first, but we thought it worthwhile to share some of the new stuff with you (that and I said I would!). The stretch has also given way to further refinement of the details including wing components and landing gear components. More importantly though, we’ve got brand new GE90-110B and 115Bs, modeled from the ground up and detailed to the hilt. There is a little bit more work to do with the engines obviously, but they are at a point now where they’re pretty enough to show them off.

Keep in mind that this is just a future development thread at this time. Our full time priority is still the 200ER so we'll be relatively quiet in this little nook for the time being. We’re going to put up a comprehensive 200ER progress report sometime next month here and at our blog (which consequently will all feedback into the 77W anyway…gotta love parallel development). You want it, and we want it. With that goal in mind, its a no brainer ‘win win’ for all of us.

Now for pics. All white areas are areas are where new geometry has been applied or old geometry updated. We’ll get to texturing the new stuff in due time. Enjoy!

post-8-0-51496800-1313876691_thumb.jpg post-8-0-26299500-1313876859_thumb.jpg

post-8-0-61283200-1313876650_thumb.jpg post-8-0-23632500-1313876957_thumb.jpg

post-8-0-15520600-1313876887_thumb.jpg post-8-0-90863500-1313876894_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Alex

Edited by alxunru
  • Upvote 1

Good to see that:

A. You are thinking about the T7W and the rest of the T7 series

and

B. You know where the priority is for release.

Excellent project management on top of great dev work.

:)

Any ideas Alex on how you will structure the sales with the versions, the B772ER with come out first of course, will you then take peter's approach of $15 per extra variant, or box the 3 or more together as a package, also on the subject of peter's system of one aircraft one livery, or one aircraft all liveries... a another thought would be to put out the aircraft for free and then charge $125.00 for the manual to fly it (just joking) <_<

No definitive sales structure yet. We'll be working out those logistics later. I can safely say that we will not be following the sales model that Peter has adopted with the per livery system however. Details will be forthcoming in the future when we're closer to that magic calendar date.

Peter doesn't actually sell per livery: the Airbus variants delivered to various airlines aren't the same--different cockpits, different engines, etc.--so Peter actually sells per Airbus subtype.

• Upvote 1

I don't want to be the one little kid who won't shut up, but is there any notable progress on the 777-300?

The guys will definitely post progress when they have significant progress to post. Until then, no news is good news! :)

Well, it probably only takes a couple months to put together a 77W.. of course, that's not counting the years of R&D that goes into it before they put a fastener into a sheet of aluminium ;)

This will be a day one purchase for me ! To be honest I have been checking their website daily for updates. All we can do is wait right now. (by the way I'm getting highly impatient aswell :P )

I like the Ixeg approach more, build the aircraft inside out. This 777 has had a couple of 3D renders in the gallery for four years and an amazing external model. But i don´t like showing lots of 3D renders of a cockpit system and then nothing of the system and 3d cockpit for 3-4 years. Wrong start of a project, it is better to show small progress of actual working systems. I think we have had one video of fms loooooong time ago.

This is a freeware project so just building on free time is great, but i don´t see this thing on the market untill X-Plane 20 release.

This is a freeware project so just building on free time is great, but i don´t see this thing on the market untill X-Plane 20 release.

It's not free.

Each developer has their own approach to things. Whether it's right or wrong is subjective to you as a person. Pure opinion, and nothing more! :)

Oh sorry, not free but no ETA. Still think this project looks very good, but so little information and updates in long time.

Any info to share Cameron?

Oh sorry, not free but no ETA. Still think this project looks very good, but so little information and updates in long time.

Any info to share Cameron?

Nope! They'll update you when they feel what they have is significant enough. These guys are working hard and the work I have seen, though incomplete, is great.

I like the Ixeg approach more, build the aircraft inside out. This 777 has had a couple of 3D renders in the gallery for four years and an amazing external model. But i don´t like showing lots of 3D renders of a cockpit system and then nothing of the system and 3d cockpit for 3-4 years. Wrong start of a project, it is better to show small progress of actual working systems. I think we have had one video of fms loooooong time ago.

Start building it yourself? Maybe you can beat them to it.