A/T

KAPTEJNLN

Would you like to see Auto throttle  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Auto throttle

• YES it would be nice for some stage of flight
    • NO dosent see the big deal
    • Not for it or against it

Well i just want to see how many that would like this A/T working, like it did in version 1.0 even it wasen´t ment, for the best plane for X-plane so far, whit Navigraph support and so many things that makes it more compleat then some of the other add-ons for x-plane + its a nice aircraft type.

As a point of view as developer i just mean that an funktion as a/t worked whit out problems in version 1.0, and is a shame we have to stay whit the buggy version 1.00 to continue.

as the A/T is a important thing in real aviation to fly more constand and economic. and very usefull here in scandinavia whit strong winds on approaches and ECT whit realisem fully on.

(AS note: would say it is easyer to land the real plane than this whit out A/T as i tryeid the real ATR sim in strong wind whit change in wind direction. Yes there is a difference on the CRJ and ATR but both are the smaller types but ATR also dosent have the A/T but easyer to control the speed then in X-plane under windy conditions like gustwind andso on)

As the fuel prices today are very high so as company they save where they can. Just to give an ex why is it planes use step climb? because by doeing so on 1 year depending on the amount of planes, they can save as much fuel that would be spend on a flight from EUR to USA on a fully loaded 747  

Is A/T a acronym to auto throttle?

If yes, the CRJ does not have A/T.

The procedures to land a jet is relative easy. When you establish the ramp, you must maintain a positive pith and do the corrections in vertical speed increasing or decreasing throttle. That way you will descent with a constant angle and securely.

This is easy to do and the auto-throttle is a improvement to lazy pilots, :) joke...

A/T is a improvement to autopilots more complex, and a way to maintain the aircraft in secure parameters.

The step climb is a feature to do long cruises with weight near the maximum or when the performance do not permit. You climb to determined altitude, wait fuel be consumed and, when you will be light, proceed  to a highter altitude and save fuel until destination.

well i know i am prity much into how the things work about step climb. it was an EX as stated must say i am a bit anoyeid like PMDG when every word is analysed. and as said i know how to control the plane have been in simulators + flyeing real plane. thats why i say by comparing those data, that at some stage is hard to maintain the ILS whit some windy conditions when online.

must say i like to control engine manualy but when the speed indicator jumps up and down it is quit hard to keep the right approach speed, as it is not the same you experince in the real deal.

But i dont say it have any to do whit the plane more the X-plane sim it self in some way the speed indicator works more real in x-plane than FSX but still.

And again some CRJ200 have A/T but it is extra cost, even for a new 1. and futher more back in 2000 i found that a new sim could include A/t.  

about: The real CRJ doesn't offer an Auto Throttle, so it would make no sense to put an auto throttle in it.

It exsist in the real 1 as extra cost, how many link should i show to prove it, have a look here as that is from the company that provide the system: http://www.safeflight.com/mmain.php?px=1&cm=2&cs=20

and click on the CRJ200 you see. and even able to get your new plane delivered  whit it as extra cost.

A/T may be installed in any aircraft, they work with sensors from autopilot and air data computer and other sensors, integrated with Flight Computer unit (FCU)... Is very cool the improvement, but do not is necessary to do, same in real aircraft, but... if there is a company that work with its sold and instalation then, must have a market to it.

When the airspeed tape is crazy, because the air is more turbulent, you must work with average, for that reason you will add 5 knots in your vref when proceed to landing.

Skills man.... this is the situation that prove pilots in real life, and i say more... In very turbulent atmosphere, ILS is done by the hands, not with autopilot.

We're not implementing this.

It's been discussed, and we made our decision long before it was released, and shortly after.

Our CRJ mimics factory shipped models. All 99.9% of them you see on the market. To this day I have still not seen an airline utilize this, and even then I don't see the "need" for it given the use of this aircraft in day to day operations.

We're going for majority here. A/T in the CRJ in real life operations loses that battle. Sorry if this is not to your liking!

Well I am going to repeat here thet if this CRJ would have AT, it would break all the fun it has. I know in real life exist all automatic systems possible so they make easier pilot life, but we sim-pilots search for challenges, so if someone doesn't feel confortable with the way throttle has to be managed, then I would recomend him/her to first train in easier planes.