G1000 Problems

Zach Decou

Hey Jim,

I have some garbled text on my G1000 (look at the top center of the PFD). Looks like it's displaying everything at once. Also there are some rotary PNG's on the bottom of the PFD. I'm sure this has been brought up in other threads, but I'm incredibly short on time, so couldn't look.

Thanks!

Zach

post-771-131369611557_thumb.png

20" iMac

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

OSX 10.5.8

X-Plane V 9.70

I see in the log file that the plugin is failing to load. I have no problems with the Corvallis on my laptop- FYI.

I'm uploading two log files. One is standard operation, the other is with all other plugins removed from my resources/plugins folder save for Gizmo, Shrinkwrap, and the XPLM stuff.

Log.txt

LogVirgin.txt

20" iMac

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

OSX 10.5.8

X-Plane V 9.70

I see in the log file that the plugin is failing to load. I have no problems with the Corvallis on my laptop- FYI.

I'm uploading two log files. One is standard operation, the other is with all other plugins removed from my resources/plugins folder save for Gizmo, Shrinkwrap, and the XPLM stuff.

Zach,

What OS and version are you running on your laptop?

Jim

*** This issue has been resolved. ***

Anyone who is running OSX 10.5.X will need an update.

In addition the .png problem with the "TRAFFIC" and "TERRAIN" Softkeys as well as the MFD NavSTat window have been fixed for ALL users.

Cameron has reset all download links.  If you wish to update just download the Corvalis 1.3 update again and all should be well.

Jim

• 3 years later...

I just purchased the Corvallis TT today and have been having problems getting ANYTHING entered into the nav system.  When I press the "DIRECT TO" button, the screen pops up but there is no "Ready Pad" button to allow me to enter airports, vor, waypoints, etc...  Any help here would be great.  Thank you.  -Andy

I just purchased the Corvallis TT today and have been having problems getting ANYTHING entered into the nav system.  When I press the "DIRECT TO" button, the screen pops up but there is no "Ready Pad" button to allow me to enter airports, vor, waypoints, etc...  Any help here would be great.  Thank you.  -Andy

Andy,

I don't have time to outline all of this for you right now.  It's all in the manual included with the aircraft...  see "entering a flight plan".

JG,

I followed the manual step by step. When it gets to the part where I should be able to use the keypad to enter in my segments... I can't. Not the support I expected. Everything else seems to work perfect. The main reason for buying this add-on was because the xplane10 c400 was too basic and I wanted real nav or at least better nav. Is there an update? My account shows downloads remaining... Does that mean there are updates waiting? Or is that max downloads for the product purchased?

I'll add some screenshots later so you can see where I'm getting stuck.

Andy,

Please have some patience… many C400 customers are doing exactly what you want to do without any problems.  

Make sure you are following the instructions on Pg. 137 of the POH titled "CREATING AN ACTIVE FLIGHT PLAN".  Note that the button to pop-up the Ready Pad is only available in 2D cockpit mode (as seen on Pg. 137 of the POH).  In 3D mode you would use the Read Pad in the center console (there is no on-screen pop-up in 3D mode).  All flight plan entries are done on the MFD, not the PFD.

Rest assured that you can enter a flight plan and do "real nav" just as you wish.  Thousands of customers are!   :)

Edited by JGregory

JG,

I just figured out the bug... and it's not a bug.  I didn't realize it actually mattered which FPL button you pressed!!!  The RIGHT screen's FPL button!!!!  The little yellow boxes didn't show up when I was searching for clickable areas on the right side but did for the left side.  Good to go sir.  Works beautifully!

-Andy

OK.  While I've figured out part of this I'm still having a problem with the waypoint actually showing up in the active plan window.  I go thru, enter the airport, it finds the right one, when I press and hold ENT.. the waypoint window drops away but the point never shows in the active plan window.  It shows the red line on my nav screen and is displayed at the top of the screen.. but not in my active plan and entering multiple points seems to be a nogo as well.  I went step by step this time!!!  -Andy

Yep.  Figured it out this morning.  Question I do have... Longitude / Latitude waypoints...  When I click the L/L button it brings up a window that defaults to an entry +00.000 for the LAT.  I enter my LAT as +39.170 but can't figure out how to change to the LON entry.  Tried the knobs... hitting ENT... SEL left or right...  This should be my last question regarding this topic... the rest has been working well... I didn't see anything in the POH regarding entering Altitudes for each waypoint entry that would feed to the AP.  Is that not enabled?  No big deal.  Thank you JG.

-Andy

Andy,

The entry for lat/lon is formatted as:   +00.000 +000.00

You have to enter the + or -, plus the digits.  You do not need to enter the decimal points.  After you have completed the lat portion the cursor will automatically position at the +/- position for the lon entry.  I believe the display in the Waypoint Entry Window is cutoff and you will only be able to see the lat portion of the entry, which is something I need to fix.  I haven't made a lat/lon entry in a VERY LONG time, so be warned there may be bugs that I am unaware of.

Currently you can not enter altitudes for each waypoint. This feature is not implemented. This version of the G1000 did not have VNAV, so they would only be advisory anyway.

Edited by JGregory

I was able to program the flight plan I wanted into an xplane10 fms... save the flight plan with altitudes... and the load it into the corvallis G1000.  Just can't see the LON part when doing the entry.-Andy

attachicon.gifScreenCap02.png

Correct… existing flight plans can be loaded and should work fine.  It's the waypoint entry process that appears to have an issue… I am looking into it.